• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What color is this Charger?

RT6PK

Local time
8:15 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me for sure what color this Charger is? I have the paint chart, but it looks like there a few colors that kind of match.
73 dod 027f.jpg
IMG954176.jpg

What's on the VIN?

Can anyone tell me for sure what color this Charger is? View attachment 1079525

A damn nice one! :eek::thumbsup:. In all seriousness I honestly can't tell, to me the shades on the chart look different then the color of the car. What does the fender tag say? That will tell you. I know it most likely isn't but it looks like FK5 Burnt Orange

It's not my car. I got the picture from the net. I just always liked the color and wanted to use it on a model.
20210306_090014.jpg

They say "cameras don't lie" but they do. A pic of the same car taken with a different camera will more closely resemble the paint chips.

I think it looks like FK5 as well. Great 1 year only color.

It's hard to go by a photograph. Sometimes the color doesn't come close to the real thing.
I HATE this photo of my engine compartment. The air cleaner and valve covers clearly don't match.
BUT in real life they match. I photographed it several times with different lighting. No change.:mad:
IMG_2799.jpg

It's hard to go by a photograph. Sometimes the color doesn't come close to the real thing.
I HATE this photo of my engine compartment. The air cleaner and valve covers clearly don't match.
BUT in real life they match. I photographed it several times with different lighting. No change.:mad:View attachment 1079896
Darter, Yeah That looks terrible, I'll be by to pick it up and hide it in my garage this afternoon!!!

I think it looks like FK5 as well. Great 1 year only color.

Yeah, it does look like FK5 but it's not a 70 so FK5 wasn't available unless it's a 999 coded car....

FWIW It could be GK6 but in person GK6 looks more brown and less orange...

Lighting, lighting, lighting.

Yeah, it does look like FK5 but it's not a 70 so FK5 wasn't available unless it's a 999 coded car....

FWIW It could be GK6 but in person GK6 looks more brown and less orange...
And, nobody mentioned if it was the original color the car was born with. I would bet it is not. I changed the color on my Duster from Y3 to K5 just because I love that burnt orange hue so much.

My dad had a 74 Fury Gran Coup that was this color. I would look at the 74 color chart.

I was thinking that Charger is a 74 since that's the only year power bulge hood with no louvers. Need someone with better eyes to verify if that is 'fewer 73 louvers' or 'no louvers like on 74'. Could be the hood was also added.

That being said, sharp looking car. Looks darker in color than the Go Mango on my 2005 Ram.

Good catch.

If the hood is correct for that car.

There's something that kind of looks like vent louvers behind the bulge but it's in the wrong place.

Light perhaps.

Auto Transport Service
Back