• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What could possibly go wrong here lol

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:44 AM
Reaction score
Well for those that have seen all the issues I have run into in getting this B-Body going another system (the brakes) will need some work I bet.

The car has sat for a long indeterminate amount of time. Master cylinder was low so I topped it off. With the car not running the pedel was hard and I got little deflection as I pressed very hard. I hooked up an auxiliary 20 PSI vacuum and got no changed but under some pedal force was able to a little more deflection.

So I decided to take a step back and contemplate what could possibly go wrong here and then realized that I should look a bit closer at this system.

Its a 1970 Plymouth Sport Satellite right? It has power 4 way brakes with front discs and rear drums. That I believe would be a B41 option! But alas the fender tag has a B51 option 4 way power drums!

Well I bought this car from Bubba so what could possibly go wrong here with this front disc conversion lol. Do I have the right MC and booster to support a front disc operation? What a about the proportional valve? I bet they did not changer either! I don’t see how this ever worked in the first place. I also am betting the MC rusted from sitting empty.

What do you guys think? Would just a HW change work with the same valve and booster set up?

First thing comes to mind is frozen pistons in the calipers. Put your fingers on calipers and feel for movement when someone pushes pedal. Hey, you got the rest of winter!

Dr Diff is the mopar brake expert. I'd place an emai to him for initial advice. I also recommend him for replacement parts if needed.
Most conversions are based on aspen volare systems from the late 1970s.
I used Dr Diff front conversion kit for my road runner.

First thing comes to mind is frozen pistons in the calipers. Put your fingers on calipers and feel for movement when someone pushes pedal. Hey, you got the rest of winter!
Good Idea i was focused on the MC but stuck calipers would cause this as well! Thanks oldbee!

Dr Diff is the mopar brake expert. I'd place an emai to him for initial advice. I also recommend him for replacement parts if needed.
Most conversions are based on aspen volare systems from the late 1970s.
I used Dr Diff front conversion kit for my road runner.
Ok I will give him a call when I am able to get a bit farther on the troubleshooting! I have read that DrDiff is a good resource as well. So hearing it from you is great! Thanks Bill!

Do I have the right MC and booster to support a front disc operation?
First, look at the MC. Don't know how 'up' you are on them.
MC for drums, all the way around, the two pots in the MC will be the same size. If the MC is for a disc/drum brake set-up, one pot (for the disc brakes) will be larger.

If you are running a 4 piston calipers than it possibly a factory set up. The majority of aftermarket set up were a single piston style and were based of the 73-76 A body. Unless it was an older SSBC conversion and in that case it would have been a 4 piston set up. Can you post some pictures of the master and booster set up.

Thanks
Jame From
PST Marketing

Auto Transport Service
Back