• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Did You Car Look Like When You Found It

BumperMan

Local time
9:16 PM
Reaction score
Guys was wondering what your car looked like when you found it and started restoring it? Here is a pic of mine. IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_6467.jpg
Mine wasn't that bad- it was sitting for 30+ yrs inside a garage before it got a quick coat of primer and was put on ebay.

IMG_1565.jpg
My brother's is on the right, and mine is on the left. He got the better body, while I got the complete engine. Both are numbers matching, but he has to build his engine up from the block. When I gutted the interior, I removed over 80 lbs of black walnuts and the petrified carcass of a deceased squirrel.

Here is my 73 Roadrunner. Wasn't in to bad condition but still decided it needed a overall.100_1814.jpg

Called and asked my Uncle if he still had that old Plymouth. He said, "It's 'parked' in the barn. You want it, come get it."
Car in Barn Rear.JPG

A well kept car!
View attachment Car in Barn Front.JPG

Had to use a small tractor to get her out. A front wheel was locked and tires would hold air for about 5 minutes.
View attachment Car in Barn1.jpg

Pulled out in 2009. At 15yrs old, I drove it in...in 1979!
View attachment Coming outta the barn after 30+ yrs!.jpg

Still had the tags on her
Copy of 30 + yr old tags!.jpg

'Farm fresh'
View attachment Diamond in the rough!.jpg

Now, that's a barn find...

Attachments

• car.JPG
    car.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,854
Just getting it home after a 14 hour day. Last tagged in 1982. The second owner gave 2 baggies of pot for it.

P6300016.JPGP7010017.JPG

My 64 Dodge on the way home after buying it Jan. 2008. No engine or tranny, interior junk. Tranny cross member and body brace- floor cut out, coil over shocks and 4X4 wood blocks between the axle and body for tire clearance!
Now Driveline all done and in the paint shop. .........................MO

Attachments

• 64 Dodge 006.jpg
    64 Dodge 006.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,785
Here's a pic of mine when I found it, numbers matching '69 Charger R/T SE. It was sitting in a little barn/shop in Norwalk CA next to a '70 GTX, really cool to find and talk to the owner

attachment-9.jpg

Just getting it home after a 14 hour day. Last tagged in 1982. The second owner gave 2 baggies of pot for it.

View attachment 152664View attachment 152665

14 hours, man you had it easy Joel! I got off work on Friday, drove through the night to L.A., loaded up and BS'd with the owner for a couple hours the next day when we got there, and drove through that night back up to Oregon. About a 34 hour mission, I was comatose pretty much all day and night after I got back lol :icon_thumleft:

You guys are saints or glutens for punishment - well we all are. My Grandpa bought the '62 in '69 and drove it until he passed in '92. Brother sat on it in his back 40 until '11 then said, "I'm not going to do anything with it, come and get it". Never even asked about it or for it, but I said OK and fetched it in '12......

Dart 003.jpg

You guys are saints or glutens for punishment - well we all are. My Grandpa bought the '62 in '69 and drove it until he passed in '92. Brother sat on it in his back 40 until '11 then said, "I'm not going to do anything with it, come and get it". Never even asked about it or for it, but I said OK and fetched it in '12......

View attachment 152689
Plucked Chicken I love those old wagons, have you done anything with it?

Auto Transport Service
Back