• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Had a bunch of pavers laying around for about 7 years. Finished up some hardscape around tge garden.

Before and after.
IMG_20220509_124722_hdr.jpg
IMG_20220613_171649_hdr.jpg
IMG_20220613_171718_hdr.jpg
IMG_20220509_124622_hdr.jpg
IMG_20220509_124641_hdr.jpg
IMG_20220613_155501_hdr.jpg

You never heard of a Jetavator? Or maybe it was called a 'place deverter'....heck, I didn't get that involved with jet boats but knew when I was behind one that could blast the crap out of ya while running fast or give you a good ride at the end of the rope. Of course you weren't running 60 either.

Nope, never heard of that, but I looked it up to see what it does. It's basically a trim adjustment that diverts the jet thrust to get the bow out of the water more, much like the power trim on an outboard. Of course the result is a huge rooster tail. For waterskiing, you want as little wake & turbulence as possible and like I said, you aren't skiing behind a jet boat .... unless you have a 150' rope.

Last edited:
but I got my money back out of it and then some.
I've owned lake homes and more boats than God should allow and that is one statement I could never make!! Good for you!!! Nice boat and man do I have some boat stories.........

Nope, never heard of that, but I looked it up to see what it does. It's basically a trim adjustment that diverts the jet thrust to get the bow out of the water more, much like the power trim on an outboard. Of course the result is a huge rooster tail. For waterskiing, you want as little wake & turbulence as possible and like I said, you aren't skiing behind a jet boat .... unless you have a 150' rope.

No tubing or skiing behind someone doing that mess!! But I tubed behind several different jet boats using a standard rope (75') and my buddy skied with my driving his boat many times. Don't know what kind of people with jet boats that you are hanging around with but you're not hanging with the right ones. Did you notice the ski pylon in my boat? It wasn't there for show.....

Trim down and 20 to 28 mph, did it a hundred times.

Barefoot needs to be flying to stay up on those little feet!! Been there!!

Flag Day Today ! Went to our local VFW, for Old Glory Retirements, with the Help from a Girl Scout Troop.
America at it's Best !!!
0614221755_HDR.jpg
0614221801_HDR.jpg

I broke down the swing into pieces so we could get some fresh powder coating on it. Its held up pretty well for being made on the other side of the Pacific. We've had it for 15 years or so. The original coating, textured brown, was coming off, had some rust going, mattress coming undone etc. Going to get it done in blue to match the lower portion of the house.

B6FC19AE-3F56-499A-BA83-D5F9E732E66B.jpeg

E749FD24-662F-4193-8B11-1E96AF57C69C.jpeg

Walleye adventure. I did not eat either of these fish. The fish nuggets were made from 20” fish

E91D39F2-D102-4F8B-A2A3-73E6382C5EBC.jpeg

CE469402-1578-400B-9B5E-647D9B653F00.jpeg

32A4EA47-83E2-4B38-962F-F2E24D220D4C.jpeg

CC653565-5215-4BA2-92EA-318A468AE8FC.jpeg

This weekend, I was going to drive to the KCMO area to go to an estate sale for my son's friend's late great-grandpa. He was a tool maniac, and has LOTS of tools - hand tools, power tools, a couple of presses, tons of fasteners in jars and cans, ladders, everything! But, driving six hours there, loading up on stuff, and driving home just doesn't sound like fun right now. So, I fired off a list based off the videos we have of all of the stuff, of what I want and how much, and I'll let him simply haul the tools back here.

So, Friday is pasture mowing day, Saturday is car show day, and Sunday is gonna be paint-the-eaves-on-the-house day...did I mention a five-gallon jug of exterior house paint from the big-box emporium is $127.80?? Busy busy!

This morning, I cut the 4x4's and 2x6's for the frame of a raised bed made from a 55 gallon plastic drum. I'll screw the frame together, then drill holes and bolt it.
I'm going to offer it to a nearby retirement home.

Yesterday, I worked on my Mopar by opening the box I bought on FBBO with a new engine harness, and put it on a pile of parts.

Auto Transport Service
Back