• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you pay for guage restoration?

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:07 AM
Reaction score
I'm closing in on the last frontier of the restoration of my 70 Charger....The guages!
I "finished" this car in 2003 but have made several little changes over the last 10 years. I am to the point where the guages are annoying me enough to have them restored.
The oil pressure guage crapped out several months ago, but everything else works. I installed a reproduction tachometer in 2003, so that will not need any work. I am aware that there are new reproduction guages available. The oil pressure, gas, ammeter and water temp are all priced at around $70. I'd prefer to have the ammeter converted to a Voltmeter, and from my understanding, this is a common request when guage clusters are restored.
My car has the rally guage set. I'm not looking to win gold at the Mopar nationals, but I do want a quality job. What did you pay to have yours restored?

Sorry, never had any done but it seems to me that I've heard 600.00 for a complete restoration (redline). I can't justify that kind of money, I customized my dash and bought all new (Autometer).

I use Instrument Specialties for mine. They are definitely not cheap ( non ralley dash w/ tach $1000) but they do outstanding work.

Auto Transport Service
Back