• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you pay for your NEW or REchromed bumpers?

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
Living out here on the leftie coast, the enviro-nazis have made it difficult for plating shops to stay in business. The last bumper I needed, I had to buy new.

re-chrome depends on condition and level of quality. mine re-chrome; $800 each for one notch below "concourse" in indiana. J&P Plating Portland Indiana.

400 plus "handling" and tax from Bumper Boyz

I got mine for $150 from a fellow member who had his done for a project car that fell through, which is the way I would recommend anybody buy one. I've seen several rechromed bumpers from guys in this spot being sold on ebay, and I sold one myself that way a while back. I had a 74 Torino project car that I bought a rechromed bumper for off ebay for about $140, and sold it separate from the car for about the same price, like $160 or so, when I stopped working on the car.

Dang! Those are some pricy bumpers!
In 2002 I paid $250 for each one for the Charger. I know it has been 11 years and all, but wow.
I called a top notch shop here in Sacramento, Sherms back when I was restoring my car. In 2002, they wanted $800 EACH!

1988. I remember that the 2 show chrome bumpers and a windshield came to $1100. Both front and rear bumpers were shipped to California from Pennsylvania to be done. I'd like to take the opportunity to thrash the name of the Chevy guy body shop that made a mess of the R/T. Shelly's Auto Body, Danielsville, Pennsylvania. Liar and thief.

My dang car has 3 bumpers. I guess they'll go back on as is.

1988. I remember that the 2 show chrome bumpers and a windshield came to $1100. Both front and rear bumpers were shipped to California from Pennsylvania to be done. I'd like to take the opportunity to thrash the name of the Chevy guy body shop that made a mess of the R/T. Shelly's Auto Body, Danielsville, Pennsylvania. Liar and thief.

You lived on the East coast?

Auto Transport Service
Back