• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What distributor with MSD box

Jetblast

Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
Hey Guys and Girls,
I am planning on using an MSD box on the Coronet I am building and need to decide on a distributor (RB). I know all of the MSD options but would like to use a stock distributor. I think that I can use a pre-electronic stock distributor with a conversation kit but I am not real sure about whether this would be a good option or not and would like some input from you guys that are far more knowledgeable than I am

The stock distributor in the Mopar electronic conversion kit is good. Not sure of the other aftermarket conversion distributors. I wouldn't even bother converting a points type to electronic.

I have had really good luck with the stock electronic distributor. You can buy them aftermarket & now you can adjust the total advance with an adjustable plate inside with just two screws (stock) and don't need the timing limiter plates anymore.... and the vacuum advance is still adjustable as always with an allen wrench inside the hose nipple. I like the factory distributors and have been running them for 30 years with a MSD-6A on a nitrous motor

Streeter and others, thanks a bunch. I do want it to function well but like it kind of stock looking even though little else is. I just wondered if there is really a big difference when using something like the MSD box.

The fire core looks stock and works killer and for the price has been the best distributor I have ever owned.

After see the Firecore unit... if you want a new one over the regular stock unit, that's the way to go!

If you already got the late Mopar Performance unit built by Mallory before these Firecore came out to market ( like I did ), keep it!

Summit brand distributor works very well, I use it and it will plug into the MSD box.

Auto Transport Service
Back