• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do I need to take from donor vehicle?

Kevin smith

Local time
7:05 AM
Reaction score
I found a wrecked srt grand Cherokee with a 6.1l hemi with low miles. What all do I need for swap? I'm not planning on using the transmission. Engine, ECU, gas pedal.......? Also is the 6.1l jeep motor different than what would've come in a charger or challenger?

I'd say rape anything and everything you can, even wiring harness's and stuff. Good Luck

X2
Better to have and not need, than need and have thrown out

The problem is, the guy wants what's left over when I'm done taking what I want. Just don't want to miss something important that I'll need later down the road. Goal is to mate the 6.1 up with an overdrive transmission from silver sport. Taking the restomod route. I've seen the dropouts from Cleveland power &a performance, they pull gauges, column, tank. If the key doesn't have a chip, I don't need the ignition?

The problem is, the guy wants what's left over when I'm done taking what I want. Just don't want to miss something important that I'll need later down the road. Goal is to mate the 6.1 up with an overdrive transmission from silver sport. Taking the restomod route. I've seen the dropouts from Cleveland power &a performance, they pull gauges, column, tank. If the key doesn't have a chip, I don't need the ignition?
Cleveland p&p has real nice turnkey pallet set ups, did you compare prices? If no big difference it could save you a lot of headaches.

Take the whole thing use what you need and give him back the rest when done. Or is storage a problem?

You really only need the engine, trans, computer, and go pedal. Sell the trans, send off the computer to Chris @ hotwireauto.com and get a harness from him as well. Boom, your in business.

Can't reuse the brake switch, it's a one time deal and new ones are about 25 bucks.

Storage isn't a problem, just if he scraps the shell with parts i still need. What's the difference between the jeep srt8 415 hp vs the passenger car srt8 425 hp? I read intake and cam maybe?

Storage isn't a problem, just if he scraps the shell with parts i still need. What's the difference between the jeep srt8 415 hp vs the passenger car srt8 425 hp? I read intake and cam maybe?
Both are 425...

If there WAS a horsepower difference, it would likely be due to different exhaust routing between the two vehicles.

Auto Transport Service
Back