• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you call your clone?

HT413

Semi Pro Bowler
Local time
9:19 AM
Reaction score
If you have a clone, do you call it what it really is, or do you refer to it as whatever it is a clone of? For those who don't know, I have a 69 Belvedere that is made up as a Roadrunner clone. I call it a Belvedere, but my dad says I should call it a Roadrunner.

I had a 69 satty for a dd years ago. Had a lift off hood and steelies. I never once called it a road runner. Course I didn't have it stickred up either

i always say this: It's a 71 Satellite..it was cloned as a RR

In certain situations I think it may be easier. Most people today who don't know cars have never heard the name belvedere or satellite. But they know the name road runner. But never when trying to sell is it ok.

I just call it a roadrunner, If I had the flat hood I would call it a satty. There arent too many mopar guys in this tiny town I live in anyway so they wouldnt know the difference.

I just call it a roadrunner, If I had the flat hood I would call it a satty. There arent too many mopar guys in this tiny town I live in anyway so they wouldnt know the difference.

I call that lying.

When people come up to my car and look at it and ask if it is real or clone. I tell them to mind their own business! Then i tell them to stand behind it and when i do a burnout see if tjhey choke from the clouds of smoke. Also I tell them my motor is bigger than yours!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Isn't just like China to be cloning everything?

china-female-clone-soldiers.jpg

I look at it this way, If plymouth didnt want us making clones they shouldnt have made Satty's and RR's look the same.

I look at this way, any one can call their car whatever the hell they want to. they can dress it up with whatever badges and stripes/options they feel like. the only way it ever becomes an issue is when people are trying to sell these cars and are misrepresenting what they actually have. that is why people just need to do their homework before buying and/or selling. in my parts, it wouldn't matter what i call my car , people have no clue what it is anyway. i have R/T badges on a 77 charger SE . i would never tell people it is REALLY an R/T being that the last year for the R/T was 1971, and then re-hashed in 1976 -77 and slapped on the Aspen, but 99% of the people i come in contact with have no clue. i mean really, who gives a **** if its a real road runner? it certainly LOOKS like a real road runner, has every option a REAL road runner would have came with , so what its an original 318 satellite ? it looks badass from where im standing. i certainly wouldn't let a few numbers cancel out how much love has went into it

im not calling this car a clone, but in my honest opinion, even if it was, i would call it Roadellite LOL

some of us cant afford the REAL deal and have to improvise to have our dream cars. and if it means starting with a slant 6 car , then clone away and call it what you want. a simple peek at the VIN tag will tell you everything you need to know about its origin

Attachments

• doc10 copy.jpg
    doc10 copy.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 663
A while ago I was going to buy a factory big block 4 speed Satellite once, and had planned to call it "stealth runner", and put blacked out RR bird emblems on it.

Tomorrow, I'm going to look at a 74 cop 400-4, sway bar etc (cop engine, cop suspension et al) 4 door Satellite.

Since it's basically a 4 door Road Runner, and It's brown, I thought Coyote badging would be appropriate.

I had Super Bee emblems on my 67 Coronet (PO put them on), and I was thinking about putting 273 4 barrel emblems on my 66 while I have the small block in it.

In certain situations I think it may be easier. Most people today who don't know cars have never heard the name belvedere or satellite. But they know the name road runner. But never when trying to sell is it ok.

I agree 100% If someone really asks I will tell them it's a Satellite but for the most part people get more confused. Even my friend a couple years younger than me thought I was talking about Sirius Satellite radio. lol

If I ever do sell my baby which I never will, I would tell them its a clone. There is no shame in that.

You could call it whatever you want. Most people that are not Mopar nuts like us have no idea. As long as it's not being sold under false pretenses.

awesome but never a rr....who cares

awesome.....but never a rr....who cares

Attachments

• 68 sat.jpg
    68 sat.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 690
Auto Transport Service
Back