• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you guys think of Hoovies 1968 green Charger?

SteveSS

Local time
4:23 AM
Reaction score
I was watching the new episode and I was thinking about how I was going to have to watch it again after you guys rip it to shreds. It's better to just watch it after you guys tell me what to look for. I personally like Tyler since he's from the same part of Wichita I was from and he certainly doesn't have any problems admitting his mistakes. The title of this video makes me think there are going to be quite a few more mistakes.

It looks like a decent Charger R/T,it's not a survivor but a nice car that has been modded a bit. The fool is lucky he didn't tear the rear quarter panel open when the tire came off the rim. The idiot knew the tires were old and shot but drove on them anyway!

His initial drive video when he showed how bad those original tires had worn was CrAzY.
I chuckled a bit.
But overall it looks like a solid car. I do enjoy watching people hop in an unknown car and just cannonball it with a "no fear" attitude tho.
Ryan

There's a line between no fear and plain stupidity! He could have torn up the side of the beautiful Charger R/T, or caused an accident!

I don't believe it. He's an idiot, but something about the tire shedding apart at speed doesn't appear right. I think it's staged.

Another 440 lacking its front roll bar. I don’t understand why they were removed on so many of the old muscular Plymouths and Dodges. Lost his oil breather when he added oil - good thing he seems to have a good mechanic buddy - he probably shouldn’t be alone with a old car.

Looks good so far, the newer paint is always suspect to what is underneath. Expect to see a video covering all the usual old Dodge problems as The Wizard digs into it.

Made me laugh when The Wizard asked to be the first person if he ever sells it.

Front sway bars were probably removed thinking it would help weight transfer during acceleration, hence the steep rear end gears.

I think it was RC that said years ago, "Only the green survive." That stuck with me for some reason.

RC said that and then bought a green 68 Charger R/T not once,but three times.

My moms 70 Charger R/T SE was as green as they ever came,with F8 Green paint,Green leather interior,and a Green Vinal top!

moms Charger.jpg

It looks like a clean and solid Charger, what’s not to like?

Green must have been a hot color back then, remember your parents Avocado appliances?

Auto Transport Service
Back