• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does "Special Options Package" mean?

jeryst

Local time
9:15 AM
Reaction score
A friend just picked up a 70 Charger project. One of the options decodes as "Special Options Package", at least that is what he said.

Does anyone know what that would include?

Its going to be a 6 banger 3 spd on the column. Manual brakes. Standard steering. Paint optional. :D

what is the code?

This could include the passenger seat eject option for when your spouse or friend riding along becomes an irritation; sorry I couldn't be of more assist..

Something like a 'white hat special" group of options? I have no knowledge of what kind of "specials" were available on a 70 charger... but I'm sure somebody here does!

what is the code?

a3cadb6d177c555079acd80b908e31cb801adf4466d9ba853bf82f67cfab6d2b.jpg

Something like a 'white hat special" group of options? I have no knowledge of what kind of "specials" were available on a 70 charger... but I'm sure somebody here does!
Oh yeah remember the White Hat Dodge commercial's With the white cowboy hats.

A friend just picked up a 70 Charger project. One of the options decodes as "Special Options Package", at least that is what he said.

Does anyone know what that would include?

you found a transgender Car?

Does he have these on the roof sides? ''A47'' code ''Special Edition''.
500-10.jpg

Maybe the ''A73'' code ''Special Value Package''?:popcorn2:
The suspense is killing me.:xscuseless:
Oh no, it's another six pack w/ AC.

Last edited:
Looks like a Dec. 5,1969 build, 318ci w/AC and heater, go mango w/tan something? Thats the best I can make out. Only 137 318ci's built w/ Go Mango paint.

Last edited:
According to the 70 Charger Registry the A73 package is a Charger special value package. They do not go into the specifics of what the package is or what options are included in it.

I did a little more digging on the special value package,A73, it was only available on XH code base model Chargers in 1970. It consists of a vynal front bench seat,painted door and garnish moldings, which means no upper door pads. Body color painted tailpanel,electric clock,and belt line moldings, and wheel lip moldings are not available.

I did a little more digging on the special value package,A73, it was only available on XH code base model Chargers in 1970. It consists of a vynal front bench seat,painted door and garnish moldings, which means no upper door pads. Body color painted tailpanel,electric clock,and belt line moldings, and wheel lip moldings are not available.

Thanks for the info. Seems line a pretty baseline car.

I had a 70 Charger 318 3 speed standard on the column car, that didn't have a clock,just a design pattern in the dash, bench seat, no upper door pads, no and map light.It was as stripped as I have ever seen a 70 Charger. It did have 11 manual drum brakes,and painted 14 inch steel wheels with dog dish hubcaps.

Auto Transport Service
Back