• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What exhaust manifolds were original on a 73.

bandit67

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:30 AM
Reaction score
Guys, bought a new stock exhaust system for my 73 440. Now I am concerned that the HP manifolds I plan to use may not fit up with the stock pipes. I have a set from a 76 that I am wondering if they might fit better. I guess I m asking what all manifolds have the same turn out angles that would fit my stock exhaust. Is this info available somewhere....thanks

Guys, bought a new stock exhaust system for my 73 440. Now I am concerned that the HP manifolds I plan to use may not fit up with the stock pipes. I have a set from a 76 that I am wondering if they might fit better. I guess I m asking what all manifolds have the same turn out angles that would fit my stock exhaust. Is this info available somewhere....thanks
you need 3751367 and 3751369 for 73 400-440 HP manifolds.
If you purchased correct to the year, the numbered manifolds will fit fine.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys, Mark, I have a brand new stock pipe exhaust system and so I wish to ensure my manifolds will bolt up BEFORE I drop in the motor. Just easier on this old bod to change them with the motor out...

Thanks Guys, Mark, I have a brand new stock pipe exhaust system and so I wish to ensure my manifolds will bolt up BEFORE I drop in the motor. Just easier on this old bod to change them with the motor out...
do you have the correct manifold application for already?

Apparently not. I looked at the ones I have and they are not the castings you gave. Just wondering if any of what I have will work. I know they will all bolt up, but wondering if the angles at the manifold-tailpipe bolt up are all the same.

What are the castings you have? 70-74 BB HP manifolds are all clocked the same. 68-69 pass is clocked differently.

68 HP casting are what I have. I have a 76 stock motor with castings, would that late be clocked the same.....no? Not sure what years my other two 400s are.....

I am not sure on the 76's never tried anything that late. If the pipes are made for the 73 the 68 manifold will not work.

Thanks T2, thats what I am learning....so to find what will.
I am not sure on the 76's never tried anything that late. If the pipes are made for the 73 the 68 manifold will not work.

The drivers side 68 will work, just got to get a correct passenger side.

My casting numbers are for a 73-74 B body,
L 3671595
R 3751071
I went with TTI head pipes and H pipe, but those numbers will work with the factory pipes.

Mark

Here are pictures of the manifolds from a 73 Roadrunner with a 440HP

PXL_20210428_233745020.jpg PXL_20210428_233819168.jpg

Thanks Mark and Trench. I think I have a lead on the 3751071 right side and am still looking for either the 3751068 or 3671595. With yall s help I now know what I'm looking for.

I possibly have a set for 3 andv4 specific as nice as the ones above. Ill lyk

Auto Transport Service
Back