• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What filler tube end is this ???

odcics2

Local time
9:44 PM
Reaction score
Mopar, but truck or car? Late 60s is all I know. Bottom section is 1.5 in diameter.

Any ideas? Better yet, post up a photo that looks the same. I need to find one, but don't know what model Mopar to ask for!
MoPar Mystery fill tube - 1970 maybe.JPG

Thanks!

Can you post the whole thing? I have one that looks similar at the top but it has a push on cap and not a twist on. Mine came from a big block cop car from the late 70's

That is the whole thing! It's on a valve cover. I can get a pic of it all tomorrow, with cap off, too.

It is. It's on a fill tube.

Off a 1971 426 nascar wedge engine built by cotton owens. This type of "oil filler" started in early 1970, maybe late 69 on MoPar 426 hemi Nascar and Usac engines.

Any ideas of the source of the filler?
Nascar 426 wedge valve cover 001.JPG
Nascar 426 wedge valve cover 002.JPG
Nascar 426 wedge valve cover 003.JPG

Chain was added. You don't want to be adding oil during a pit stop and drop the cap under the car...

WOW, yes, it resembles it. Wonder if a fuel cap would fit it??
That large diameter, straight style, was used from 1964 to 68 - possibly into 69. At some point they changed to the small diameter bottom, while retaining the large diameter top section.
Incedently, the original pic I posted is of the driver side valve cover used on the #6 Hamilton Plymouth in 1971, July 4th at the Firecracker 400. The top 4 guys ran 426 wedges because of the larger restrictor plate holes. Isaac won, followed by Petty, Baker and Hamilton.

Auto Transport Service
Back