• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what fillers should I usw

velrob

Local time
7:51 PM
Reaction score
Looking to pickup filler to start my body work. I'm new to fillers so whatever is easiest to sand and lay down would help

My local shop has evercoat line.

also what would you recommend I had on the seam between the roof and quarter as my quarters are new. Lead is removed
Should I use a good filler or something like metal 2 metal

Thanks for responses

Looking to pickup filler to start my body work. I'm new to fillers so whatever is easiest to sand and lay down would help

My local shop has evercoat line.

also what would you recommend I had on the seam between the roof and quarter as my quarters are new. Lead is removed
Should I use a good filler or something like metal 2 metal

Thanks for responses

Thats a tough call... Evercoat Z grip is good.. but it could fail at the joint.. Have you welded it up solid?

Yep I welded it quite a bit I'll read about the zgrip

the z grip is about the best Ive seen.. and used.. applies really nice, sands nice.. very little to nothing for pin holes.. does not soak up primer either, its good stuff..

what primer you using?

Zgrip sounds good for filler what final coat would you recommend evercoat quantum or extreme

I'm using epoxy primer from Eastwood

Zgrip sounds good for filler what final coat would you recommend evercoat quantum or extreme

I'm using epoxy primer from Eastwood
I dont think youll need a final coat.. I use shop line Primer its not a direct to metal though.. youdo need a etch underneath.. I use ppg as the etch.. it bonds very well together.. the primer sets quick its a 4 to 1 to 2. mix.. Im sure you can get a slower harder and reducer.. blocks really nice and actually fills.. its not just a surfacer.. final sand on filler.. should be 180 or 220.. prefent and sinkage.. which is a common practise..

Auto Transport Service
Back