• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What food or drink did you really like, but can't stand now?

patrick66

Local time
2:34 AM
Reaction score
For me, I really used to love beer. I was quite the connesseur a couple of decades ago, but these days, I might have three beers in a year. Tops! Most beer, in general, has a truly awful taste to it, for me. Dunno why. Sugary soft drinks or alcoholic drinks tastes nasty, as well. Sweet tea was a thing for me for a long time. Not now.

Food, it's pumpkin pie. Warm pie with a dollop of vanilla ice cream or a shot of Cool Whip was the ideal cold-weather treat. Now, pumpkin anything tastes horrible. Just the smell makes me wanna run!

Jack Daniels.....and peppermint ice cream.

I used to like coca cola. Won't drink it now! But if I was dying of thirst, stranded in the desert. Then maybe? LOL!

turkey....... we cook pretty much 2 per month for Rebel......I'm sooooooo sick of turkey sandwiches

Trout and salmon. When I was a kid, it was a treat when I caught a wild brown. In the days before farming, salmon was a once a year splurge. In 2014, I started an annual fishing trip to Henderson Harbor in upstate NY with my son in law. On a good year, we might bring back nearly 100 pounds of Chinook and Lakers. Wild Chinook sells for nearly $40 a pound in the local Wegmans. Now the thought of eating it makes me gag.

I used to be a huge "regular" Budweiser in the can fan.

Now it's WAY too sweet tasting to me.

Bush, which I used to abhor, now tasted much better.

...Henderson Harbor in upstate NY...
Henderson Harbor... Dad had friends he'd visit up there when we were kids. Off route 3 on our way to the 1000 islands. Still spend a lot of our summers in the islands. Family on mom's side started in the islands several generations ago. It's like a 2nd home to us.

I used to drink Mountain Dew as a kid and into my twenties. Used to tell our kids they were all made of part Mountain Dew because I drank so much of it before mama got pregnant with them. Way too sweet for me today. When I try it again here and there it'll upset my stomach with it containing so much sugar.

Just talking to friend my at a Christmas party and how at 15 years old said when we got our drivers license we'd go to Mc Donald's all the time. Didn't happen then and it hasn't happened in 30 years

A&W root beer, I quit drinking it after the last original drive in closed down.

Menudo. Used to love that s**t when my friend's mom would make a huge pot for New Year's...can't eat more than a spoonful now.
And it's not even the tripe, but the hominy that gets to me...!

th-35328896931.jpg

Last edited:
A McDonald’s burger. I used to love their quarter pounder cheeseburger. I’d order special without pickles so I’d get a fresh one off the grille instead of one that was sitting in the rack. However, the last time I ordered one without pickles, I saw them pull a pre-cooked burger out of a warming drawer and assembled the sandwich. That was years and years ago and it was gross and I’ve never eaten one since.

Coca-Cola anything. Can't stand the taste.

This could be so many things. Our food and drink industries in the US have been bought and traded and homogenized into mega companies so much in the last twenty years most are not recognizable.
30 years ago, I liked Budweiser, as an example. Michelobe was even better. Then they got this brilliant idea they could make more money by making one giant brew vat and instead of having to make one for each brand and stir it up and bottle it, they could just open a series of gates and the layers of beer would already have a strata from ultra light at the top and dark at the bottom. Michelobe Ultra is born!(the water off the top of the vat)
This of course meant the lighter and darker parts of old Budweiser were now skimmed out and Budweiser would never taste the same. It also meant Michelobe went from being a stand alone to being the dirt left at the bottom of the MONO VAT and tasted accordingly.
On a side note, in the opposite trend, Grain Belt beer from MN has been bought and reopened under private ownership and is a passable American Lager beer now. Also, last time I was handed a 16oz can of ice cold Hamms it was actually drinkable, I think something similar may have happened there or at least they got their head out ofir rear and made it decent(for being dirt cheap)

Sodas went from being drinkable to being a chemistry experiment with enough corn syrup dirivitive in them to kill a pony.

Haven't had a McDonald's anything since 2005. Try it if you still eat it: don;t go there for 6 months to a year. When you return, the odor will make you gag. Also, remember when they advertised 100% beef? Yeah tongue(not that bad) heart(wait what) brains(not kidding) are all "beef". Also note in recent months the FDA allows meal worms and crickets to be used for human consumption and I think McDnald's has dropped the "100% beef" slogan........
Go to the local bar and have them make you a burger and fries for a buck more then fast food and sleep easy.

Dominos pizza used to be decent (I guess that was 40 years ago), but the last time I had it (a few years ago) was my last. Evidently they've decided to save on costs by eliminating cheese. Seriously, there was hardly any cheese on it. I guess they don't consider that to be a main ingredient on their pizza anymore.

I can't stand Pepsi of any flavor
I used to drink Coca Cola, until they went woke
won't touch the stuff now

Cuervo Tequila, Gold or 1800
used to love it, I drank it straight, usually with a beer backup
I can hardly stand the smell now

I do still like a quality Agave/Mescal

sort of the opposite with whiskey/bourbons,
Jack Daniels especially
(or my dad's Early Times, rot gut $10.99 for a 1.75-ltr crap)
I used to hate the smell of it for a while
(got deadly sick off it)
when I was a teenager we did some mix, we called suicide
we would 'all get'/aquire
a lil' 80 proof booze 'or above' from our parent's stashes
not too much that they'd notice (I know it was stealing :poke: )
some of that stuff was truly nasty ****, like Chartreuse
& We'd put it all in one bottle/mason jar or what ever,
then we'd get our trucks/cars go out to the 'end of pavement'
by the lake Edison
light a couple truck tires & stacks of wood pallets
& have a huge bonfire
campout & get hammered off that ****

I like the brown liquors now,
Makers Mark, Nobb Creek & Jim Beam 'nothing fancy'

I used to drink Schnapps when I skied
or Dinklenanchor Beer
won't touch it now

I drink more vodka with fruit juices now
for some reason I like vodka & grape juice

when or if I even drink,
it's a rarity now living with an 'alcoholic father'
I don't want to drink infront of him he can't control himself
I only drink away from home socially, when I don't have to drive
or occasionally when I go next door, I'll do a beer or a mixed drink

I prefer a nice Samuel Adams Cream Stout or Chocolate Bock,
more than 'the hard stuff'

Last edited:
I was fed coffee for breakfast from about 5 years old up. No wonder I was skinny and couldn't concentrate. Anyway, I was working an auto parts store with my best friend. We had just beed there 2 weeks when I woke up with a sore throat on Monday. Bought a coffee and was letting the hot drink sit in my throat before I swallowed it. By Wednesday I was so sick my mother caught wind of it and in one of her more 'motherly' moments took me to the doctor where they told me I had Mononucleosis, and sent me to bed where I gladly went. 2 weeks or so later, I finally started to feel human after eating noodle soupe out of the blender, and went back to work. I picked up a cup of coffee, took a sip and spit it out. I've tried several times since then to drink it with a similar reaction each time. Haven't been a coffee drinker ever since then and have no idea why.

Auto Transport Service
Back