• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What happened PST?

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:40 PM
Reaction score
Why doesnt the front end kits come with the inner tie rods and sleeves. Whats the definition of front end kit? Did you down size your kit. 10 years ago I bought a kit from you and thought it had those in it. Just wondering. Original Performance Standard Front End Kit

Maybe we don’t realize that the inner tie rods and adjuster sleeves are not part of the front suspension :lol:

Last edited:
Been this way for years going back to the 90’s. There was a couple other suspension companies along with PST offering kits and they all were outer tie rod only.
More $$$$ if you need more.

Kinda like buying an engine rebuild kit that don’t include rod bearings but you can pay more and get em

Been this way for years going back to the 90’s. There was a couple other suspension companies along with PST offering kits and they all were outer tie rod only.
Thats the way I always saw most offered.

The base kit still should include them
I bought their kit back in 89... Didn't include them then either... The lower ball joints where clunking at 5K miles... Never bought anything from them again...

Not really. The base kit is just a price leader and may work for some people. The super kit is more comprehensive and costs more.

@1 Wild R/T bought one a year earlier than me. The base kit was not the complete kit even back that far.

Tr
[/QUOTe
It's all about the money. They know you need these parts to complete the work. I'm sure they'll figure a way to pare kits down even more.

In my experience-

The outers DO go bad more than the inners.

...and the sleeves rarely if ever go bad.

I actually pieced my own rebuild kit together from rock auto using moog parts. It was cheaper. All the basic kits were missing parts I wanted and upgraded kits had a bunch of parts I didn't want. So I just bought the pieces individually.

Notice that it doesn't come with Lower Ball Joints, Idler Arm, PITMAN ARM, and Strut Rod Bushings, as well as the Inner Tie Rods, and Sleeves.....
I suppose that is why they label it " basic ".....

If you would prefer a 100 % complete , comprehensive kit with all Top Quality U.S.A. made parts, P.M. me, as per forum rules.....

Craig......

P.S. --- with my " kits " --- you can have everything you want, and not get anything you don't want !!!

Last edited:
What next? Bitchin about not getting cotter pins in a kit? Oh brother!

I pieced my own 'kit' too from the local auto parts. The first kit the ball joint boots rotted within a year so got another set of ball joints and those boots have been on the car since about 2000. Funny how the boots on my 97 diesel rotted off too but the ones on my 95 Dakota are still there. Guessing some of this stuff came from China?

Auto Transport Service
Back