• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What happened to Mopar performance Viscous fan kits?

Cncguy1

Local time
2:19 PM
Reaction score
I've been looking everywhere for these fan kits, every retailer says discontinued. Anyone know why? Maybe someone here has one they will sell me?

Go to Mancini Racing. Posted on dup thread links.

I've been looking everywhere for these fan kits, every retailer says discontinued. Anyone know why? Maybe someone here has one they will sell me?
tonys parts have repops of those parts.

If you are looking for the original vicious fan package (like below) I have not been able to find them and have been told they are no longer being produced. Have to try and locate a used one or go with a 7 blade Hemi fan like I did.

dcc-4120758_ml.jpg

been buying napa's hd motorhome termo clutch , and c body or van 7 blade fans from the bone yards . this setup out performs the new mopar 5 blade ones with the 7 blade fan .

DSC07786.JPG

My Mopar 5 blade fan & thermo clutch seems to work very well with the aluminum radiator I have. Been to a stop & go drive at 98* and didn't top 200*. Got out on the road & back down to 180. But that was with my 500" 10.5 CR aluminum head motor. We'll see how the 12.4 CR motor does with heat.

Can't you just use one from a JY 3.9/5.2/5.9?

I have one that has been mounted but has not been run.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dcc-4120758/overview/
You need to know the clearance between the radiator and the WP. This unit is 3-1/4" tall. MP recommends 3/4" radiator to fan clearance.
PM if interested...
Fan2.jpg
Fan1.jpg

I have one for sale PM for pics and price

Can't you just use one from a JY 3.9/5.2/5.9?

The fan itself, yes, flip it around since the Magnum engines are reverse rotation. Install the fan on the thermostatic controller at the depth you need. Hayden sells them new in various lengths.

You guys like the fan itself ?

I run this fan with a Hayden clutch , I think 2747 or 2947 , anyways can look

I don’t think the fan moves a lot of air at idle with my factory shroud and Wizard Radiator

Just want to update this for reference as Mopar is still NS1 on these. The fan itself is pn 4140063 and was used on a slew of 1984-89 Dodge trucks including 6 cylinder engines.

The pn for the clutch provided with the kit is 4095704 (or possibly 4095853 at times). This clutch is 3 3/16" tall and has caused some interference issues. Pn 3462112 is a little shorter at approx 3" even. Both numbers translate to current offerings on Rock Auto.

The fan itself, yes, flip it around since the Magnum engines are reverse rotation. Install the fan on the thermostatic controller at the depth you need. Hayden sells them new in various lengths.

The Fan's rotation and air flow cannot simply reversed or inverted it; must be designed for opposite rotation due to the blade's pitch angle and curvature. The best solution is to consider Tony's Parts, as noted previously. He markets a repro 7 blade fan assembly to use with EITHER a torque drive fan clutch (# 2806070) or thermal drive fan clutch depending on the application.
BOB RENTON

The Fan's rotation and air flow cannot simply reversed or inverted
But if you take a box fan and rotate it 180 degrees it spins the other way and moves the same amount of air?

But if you take a box fan and rotate it 180 degrees it spins the other way and moves the same amount of air?
This is exactly right since the Magnum fan is a direct mirror of the older engines 5 blade viscous fan.

I used one (5 blade) off my 84 Gran Fury LA 318 for a number of years.
My good friend made an aluminum adapter to direct drive from the water pump pulley.
Still have it up in the barn.

Auto Transport Service
Back