• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What has happened to Summitt Racing?!?!

Billccm

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:41 AM
Reaction score
Ordered a set of MSD wires and a few odds and ends two weeks ago. Total of the order was about $170. Generally Summitt ships immediately out of Sparks, NV and I get the items in Tucson, AZ in one, or two days.
My order from two weeks ago (according to GLS tracking) sits in Tucson waiting 'scheduled pick up'. I call GLS and they trace the package. GLS calls me back the next day and says they 'never received the package from Summitt". Really?
I call Summitt and tell them GLS never received the package. Nice lady on the phone says GLS is lying and she will send out another order for me immediately.
Next order is the same. No one knows where it is, or who has the package?
I assume GLS is at fault here, and if so, does Summitt know what impact this is having on their once stellar reputation?

Summit has thousands and thousands of transaction. A few are bound to get screwed up. They are as good as they have always been.

The few things I've ordered post Covid didn't go as smoothly as usual, costumer service.. everything is suffering it seems? Weird because they're based out of Ohio where I live and we're about as free as anybody as far as restrictions go??

UPS picked up a package for me 2 weeks ago and I still haven’t got it. I think all shipping companies are short handed and overloaded. And of course none will admit it and tell you the real shipping time.

I’ve never heard of GLS, but they sound a bit like FedEx from your experience.

Global Logistics Service

or

Good Luck Sucker

I've ordered from Summit in Ohio twice in the last 6 weeks. Each time I received my order via Fedex within 3 days.

Order #2 is MIA according to the GLS Chat:
upload_2021-9-22_10-36-59.png

Order #1 is also MIA
upload_2021-9-22_10-37-48.png

Summit shipping from TX to OK is via their private shipper. Took two wheels nearly a month to go 275 miles. Had I known that, I'd have simply DRIVEN to TX to get them personally.

The Summit's always been my go-to, but I've noticed their customer support has gotten really spotty. I mean yeah, covid blah blah I know....but there's been a few times I've called recently and was on hold for over an hour..I've scheduled 'call-backs', never got called back...hope they get it figured out.

My RockAuto shipment has been sitting in Ellenwood, GA Fedex facility for 3 weeks!

The whole world is in a different state. You think that you are the only ones who are having shipping supply problems ? Ford and GM ( pretty big companies) have been having problems finishing cars at the assembly plants for months because of , lets wait for it.....parts supply.
Different world right now for many industries, not likely to ever be the same again. Lack of workers, drivers, etc... no people no product, service.
Don't be too quick to blame the companies like Summit, Classic Ind....they want your business but we are all in the same boat.
Its ok to be a "sqeeky wheel" when you think the service isn't like it used to be. it isn't. But don't be too "squeeky" or you will likely be put at the end of the line of other "squeekers".
Old saying that you attract more " bees with honey than vinegar"
Put yourself on the other end of your call..

I get tired of the same old "Covid" excuses. Yeah, I get it...no one seemingly wants to work, everyone is dead from the Wu, waiting for Chinesium parts on five-year back-order...blah blah blah. And yeah, you're right for the most part. But, human nature being what it is, to be put on hold for 90 minutes and having a computer voice say "Thank you for calling. Good-bye"...guess what? That pisses me off. Every shipment is trackable these days; yet when you track something and it has been sitting for three weeks in Left Toe, Arkansas in a warehouse...or worse yet, you are waiting for a group of parts, and what is in the box? Packing material, a couple of wrong parts and nothing else...guess what? That pisses me off. Excuses don't cut it anymore.

Than I guess you will not be getting many parts....Reality will eventually set in. Like it or not.

**** happens, right? Fortunately, I have a LOT of parts to choose from when I need anything Mopar.

If they want my business, they can earn it. I'm done with bullshit and bullshitters.

I had the same issue with Summit. I live in Az. and the part was coming out of Nevada. Usually is a 1-2 day ship. 2 1/2 weeks later, still no part. I call Summit, nice guy helps me out and says "I can't believe it, we shipped it the next day and it's been at the shipping co. all this time. I'll resubmit the order for you". Nice guy. The new order gets processed and I get the replacement shipment in about 3-4 days. Another 10 days later the 1st item shows up. Delivery guy is using a rented U-Haul van and shows up on Sunday morning at about 10:00. What the heck kind of a "shipping" company uses an obvious temporary worker who doesn't even own a truck? Guy had to rent a U-Haul van!! Seriously??

I had the same issue with Summit. I live in Az. and the part was coming out of Nevada. Usually is a 1-2 day ship. 2 1/2 weeks later, still no part. I call Summit, nice guy helps me out and says "I can't believe it, we shipped it the next day and it's been at the shipping co. all this time. I'll resubmit the order for you". Nice guy. The new order gets processed and I get the replacement shipment in about 3-4 days. Another 10 days later the 1st item shows up. Delivery guy is using a rented U-Haul van and shows up on Sunday morning at about 10:00. What the heck kind of a "shipping" company uses an obvious temporary worker who doesn't even own a truck? Guy had to rent a U-Haul van!! Seriously??

Renting trucks is common, even Fedex and UPS will rent trucks.

I’ve been lucky and have had great luck with Summit. I’ve probably had 5 orders with them since this spring and all have been great. shipping to Cincinnati is very quick if it’s in their OH warehouse.

It took me a MONTH to get 16 engineered sprockets ordered, that's just ordering them! Dealing with a lady who didn't have a clue, working from home, no access to knowledgeable personnel and receiving no more than 1 Email per day for the 100 questions she had! I do all of the ordering at work and it's a mess, my suppliers are constantly apologizing for the long delays!

The whole world is in a different state. You think that you are the only ones who are having shipping supply problems ? Ford and GM ( pretty big companies) have been having problems finishing cars at the assembly plants for months because of , lets wait for it.....parts supply.
Different world right now for many industries, not likely to ever be the same again. Lack of workers, drivers, etc... no people no product, service.
Don't be too quick to blame the companies like Summit, Classic Ind....they want your business but we are all in the same boat.
Its ok to be a "sqeeky wheel" when you think the service isn't like it used to be. it isn't. But don't be too "squeeky" or you will likely be put at the end of the line of other "squeekers".
Old saying that you attract more " bees with honey than vinegar"
Exactly. Everything is screwed up since chinavirus. Pure and simple.

Auto Transport Service
Back