• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What if your Charger won at a prestigious muscle car show but 30% had to 2nd Gen Chargers.

SteveSS

Local time
7:50 AM
Reaction score
I just chose Chargers arbitrarily. Choose whatever B Body you wanted. You entered the year's most respected car show in the world. The Ridler, Sema or Pebble Beach. Your car wins Best of Show! Hurray! But It's not so great because the rules stated that 30% of the cars entered had to be 2nd Gen Chargers. Not quite as great now.

I know we are getting tired of the "Slap heard 'round the world" from the Oscars but did you know about the rule changes and the upcoming rule changes.

You don't have to read the whole thing to get the idea. It doesn't make the awards seem so special when they come from an unequal playing field.

Yes, I despise the Oscars and have for 20 years.

A1. Lead or significant supporting actors

At least one of the lead actors or significant supporting actors is from an underrepresented racial or ethnic group.
  • Asian
  • Hispanic/Latinx
  • Black/African American
  • Indigenous/Native American/Alaskan Native
  • Middle Eastern/North African
  • Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
  • Other underrepresented race or ethnicity

A2. General ensemble cast

At least 30% of all actors in secondary and more minor roles are from at least two of the following underrepresented groups:
  • Women
  • Racial or ethnic group
  • LGBTQ+
  • People with cognitive or physical disabilities, or who are deaf or hard of hearing

A3. Main storyline/subject matter

The main storyline(s), theme or narrative of the film is centered on an underrepresented group(s).
  • Women
  • Racial or ethnic group
  • LGBTQ+
  • People with cognitive or physical disabilities, or who are deaf or hard of hearing

STANDARD B: CREATIVE LEADERSHIP AND PROJECT TEAM
To achieve Standard B, the film must meet ONE of the criteria below:

B1. Creative leadership and department heads

At least two of the following creative leadership positions and department heads—Casting Director, Cinematographer, Composer, Costume Designer, Director, Editor, Hairstylist, Makeup Artist, Producer, Production Designer, Set Decorator, Sound, VFX Supervisor, Writer—are from the following underrepresented groups:

• Women
  • Racial or ethnic group
  • LGBTQ+

At least one of those positions must belong to the following underrepresented racial or ethnic group:

• Asian
  • Hispanic/Latinx
  • Black/African American

B2. Other key roles

At least six other crew/team and technical positions (excluding Production Assistants) are from an underrepresented racial or ethnic group. These positions include but are not limited to First AD, Gaffer, Script Supervisor, etc.

B3. Overall crew composition

At least 30% of the film’s crew is from the following underrepresented groups:
  • Women
  • Racial or ethnic group
  • LGBTQ+
STANDARD C: INDUSTRY ACCESS AND OPPORTUNITIES
To achieve Standard C, the film must meet BOTH criteria below:

C1. Paid apprenticeship and internship opportunities

The film’s distribution or financing company has paid apprenticeships or internships that are from the following underrepresented groups and satisfy the criteria below:

• Women
  • Racial or ethnic group
  • LGBTQ+

The major studios/distributors are required to have substantive, ongoing paid apprenticeships/internships inclusive of underrepresented groups (must also include racial or ethnic groups) in most of the following departments: production/development, physical production, post-production, music, VFX, acquisitions, business affairs, distribution, marketing, and publicity.

The mini-major or independent studios/distributors must have a minimum of two apprentices/interns from the above-underrepresented groups (at least one from an underrepresented racial or ethnic group) in at least one of the following departments: production/development, physical production, post-production, music, VFX, acquisitions, business affairs, distribution, marketing, and publicity.

C2. Training opportunities and skills development (crew)

The film’s production, distribution and/or financing company offers training and/or work opportunities for below-the-line skill development to people from the following underrepresented groups:
  • Women
  • Racial or ethnic group
  • LGBTQ+

STANDARD D: AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT
To achieve Standard D, the film must meet the criterion below:

D1. Representation in marketing, publicity, and distribution

The studio and/or film company has multiple in-house senior executives from among the following underrepresented groups (must include individuals from underrepresented racial or ethnic groups) on their marketing, publicity, and/or distribution teams.

• Women

Racial or ethnic group:
  • Asian
  • Hispanic/Latinx
  • Black/African American
  • LGBTQ+

All categories other than Best Picture will be held to their current eligibility requirements. Films in the specialty feature categories (Animated Feature Film, Documentary Feature, International Feature Film) submitted for Best Picture/General Entry consideration will be addressed separately.

Can’t just make a good movie anymore, can we? I swear, if I didn’t know better, the heterosexual white couple is a lost and dying breed, at least in the commercials anyway.

Car show just depends on who is judging the cars. Doesn’t matter what the cars are.

Hollywood is fantasy land, it’s been screwed up for over a century.

273A071E-E330-45A4-8CA8-004EC695D991.jpeg 070E06A7-4305-4897-9ECF-985E4B777CD1.png

Pretty much pure bullshit. Let’s make things worse so that everyone can win a trophy.

It's this. If in an open competition every entrant is considered equal until the judging we have a fair contest. But if 30% of the entrants are required to be from a certain category it gives that category an unfair advantage.

Why do people bother with Hollywood or their self righteous award shows! My wife wanted to watch it,I said I have no use for Hollywood and I am not watching that sh*t. I won't even go to the movies anymore! We used to go all the time! I'm done with Hollywood and won't support them anymore!

Wasted 15 seconds of my life thinking this was about car shows :( The best thing we can all do is say "who cares" and go about our business. The subject deserves ZERO attention.

I'm seeing a few problems with it.

upload_2022-3-31_13-53-9.jpeg

ATLANTA, GA—Everyone was really happy that the Allied forces stopped Hitler. Everyone, that is, except CNN, who published a retrospective on the war this week, zeroing in on the real issue of Operation Overlord: no gay female trans POCs in any of the units.

While most people were really grateful that Hitler was defeated, despite the U.S. military's wider segregation issues at the time, most people are not as woke as CNN, who condemned the entire operation as racist and xenophobic.

"Ugh, look at all these cisgendered males," the CNN opinion piece read. "At some point, you have to ask yourself which is worse: living under Hitler's regime or getting rescued by straight, white males."

"The obvious answer, of course, is straight white males. They're always worse. Then again, you could argue that they're literally Hitler, and you're back to square one."

While CNN acknowledged that many minority soldiers fought both on D-Day and during the wider war, the piece argued that since the Allied task force did not meet CNN's modern diversity standards, the Allied effort should be condemned today.

"Other people focus on the minor things, like the fact that Hitler was ousted, but we've got the real story. Do better, Allies. Do better."

https://www.vox.com/22215076/bridgerton-race-racism-historical-accuracy-alternate-history

Applying Oscar rules you might not even be able to enter show if you were not diverse enough.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/sep/08/oscars-academy-awards-diversity-race-gender

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54082567
In its latest announcement, the Academy said it was introducing eligibility requirements for the best picture award "to encourage equitable representation on and off screen in order to better reflect the diversity of the movie-going audience".

It lists in detail the underrepresented groups - which include women, racial and ethnic groups, LGBTQ+ and people with disabilities.

And they wonder why ratings and profits are hitting record lows. Not going to watch and I sure ain’t spending money to be brainwashed.

There has not really been many good movies since Harvey got #metoo d.

This has been around for half a century starting with EEO laws. Heard it from a bitch professor I had in college (required course in Sociology) gleefully telling us white guys in class we’re going to find ourselves standing in line for jobs. I didn’t take this well pushing back to her about 90% of the students in her class being white males. I said if they want equal opp then they should acquire the equal education and other qualifications necessary for the job correct? She didn’t take my question well. Aha, I had to stand aside when getting a summer job at the company where my dad was a senior exec. HR guy told me “We have two more people ahead of you in a protected category we need to hire before we can take you.” This was around 1976. Then years later when hiring people had to hire certain people to maintain a ‘ratio’. Corporate HR would get on my case and mattered none that the people sending in their resumes were often 90%+ white males. Well then was told to re-run the search holding the job open hoping some ‘others’ will respond highlighting further that certain people are invited to reply. Equal or fair playing field? NOT. Had to hire a few that were a nightmare…would have been easier to eliminate the damn job opening rather than the added hassles with people ill-qualified. Won't get into how difficult it was to fire a guy we bent over backwards for (knowing the legal hornets nest involved) despite him being a complete slug until we couldn't take his bullshit anymore. Others had been canned for less; but they were excluded from any particular legislation..

What's the point?
It's the world we live in, deal with it.

Lol, appears I have had to do just that going on five decades

Why do people bother with Hollywood or their self righteous award shows! My wife wanted to watch it,I said I have no use for Hollywood and I am not watching that sh*t. I won't even go to the movies anymore! We used to go all the time! I'm done with Hollywood and won't support them anymore!
upload_2022-3-31_18-42-6.png

If I were a black actor who'd won the "Best Actor" award five years ago I would think it was a great personal accomplishment ... and the "color" thing might also be a thought. But if I won that same award now, the first thing to come to mind would be "I'm the token black guy".

If I were a black actor who'd won the "Best Actor" award five years ago I would think it was a great personal accomplishment ... and the "color" thing might also be a thought. But if I won that same award now, the first thing to come to mind would be "I'm the token black guy".
So many things are just like that. Part I maybe don’t get is for regular businesses. If I need to hire someone I’m going to get the best person for that role. If that person is a black lesbian then great, if that person is an Anglo white guy then great. I can’t afford sub par, whatever their adjectives are. Same for pay, if they really are the best I’ll pay that way because if I don’t someone else will.

Applying Oscar rules you might not even be able to enter show if you were not diverse enough.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/sep/08/oscars-academy-awards-diversity-race-gender

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54082567

And they wonder why ratings and profits are hitting record lows. Not going to watch and I sure ain’t spending money to be brainwashed.

There has not really been many good movies since Harvey got #metoo d.

If they wouldn't let me into the second gen Charger Oscars because I wasn't diverse enough then I might have a wardrobe malfunction on the red carpet,and take my top off!
8250453-DSC00666 (1).JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back