• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the correct name for this trim.

Richie

Local time
4:59 PM
Reaction score
What's the correct name for this RT trim piece that goes on the valance between the tail lights. I may have to get one in the future and I'm having problems finding it.

45595304_0f2b733d48_o.jpg

That's what I'm finally finding too. "Tail panel trim". It seems to vary a bit here and there.

Nice car. I had a 68 R/T. B5 blue. Owned it TWICE. It lives in Belgium now

It's called a finish panel. At this time, I don't know of anybody who is reproducing that part, but Mike Ross at B/E&A Restoration Parts is reproducing the tail lamp bezels for your 68 R/T. They are part #166-set and you can check them out on his web site.

Mike is a GREAT guy and he offers some extremely nice reproduction parts for many of our cars. You could give him a call to see if he has any plans to reproduce that rear finish panel also. :yes:

Here's his contact information:

B/E&A Restoration Parts Inc
699 West Liberty Street
Medina, OH 44256

Phone: 330-725-3990
Fax: 330-241-4922

Web site: www.beaparts.com
E-mail: [email protected]

By the way, that is one BEAUTIFUL 68 R/T you have there! 1968 was a GREAT year for good looking Mopars wasn't it? :yes:

Richard

1968CoronetRTtaillampbezels.gif

Last edited:
Rear Finish Panel , I doubt they will ever be reproduced for 68 and 69's , NOS panels are few and far between , if you are fortunate enough to find one then you have to worry about being fortunate enough to afford it , these can get really, really EXPENSIVE ! , I paid Dearly for mine ,

Now for the Good News, there are a couple of really good trim shops in the country that restore these and can darn near work miracles with a good core with minimal damage........ just remember the nicer the core the nicer the finished product.

Auto Transport Service
Back