• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what is the fastest spinning starter out there ?

R/T

Local time
1:30 AM
Reaction score
I saw a utube of a 20 million$ McLaren F1 firing up and the starter sounded insane, it spun that engine so fast I was jealous, I want one for my RB. What is the quickest starter out there?

I can't answer your question about the fastest starter. However, at 1.6L the F1's engine displacement is less than the front two cylinders of your RB.

I do know that a gear reduction starter puts out more torque than a stock Chevrolet Small Block.

I can't answer your question about the fastest starter. However, at 1.6L the F1's engine displacement is less than the front two cylinders of your RB.
If it's the McLaren F1 road car then it's a 6.1 litre V12, not 1.6 litres.

I saw a utube of a 20 million$ McLaren F1 firing up and the starter sounded insane, it spun that engine so fast I was jealous, I want one for my RB. What is the quickest starter out there?

Bear in mind that that McLaren driver is jealous at your RB engine idling at only 800 rpm.
For what reason you want to crank the living **** out of your engine if you don't need to?
That McLaren engine likely wants to see a certain cranking rpm before it activates the injection and ignition to start it, our good old beasts don't need all that

The early Mopar starters had a 3:1 gear reduction. When the electronic ignition became standard, they switched to a 2:1 gear reduction in the starter (externally the starters look the same). This was to spin the distributor faster for the electronic distributor pickup. I believe the 'newer', factory mini starters are also 2:1 gear reduction.
jus sayin.....

Auto Transport Service
Back