• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the piece called?

Tyron68

Local time
4:12 PM
Reaction score
This isn’t the best picture but can someone tell me what the part is that covers top of the area between the radiator and the front grill/lights. It doesn’t cover it completely, more just like the front light wiring, etc. It goes across the top, close to front grill. I spent an hour looking for this last night on-line, calling it “shield” or “valance panel” and got nothing. The center of it looks like it’s screwed down with a couple of screws. Sorry about the too close-up pic.

06A72257-ECD2-4AFD-B210-93988FA4D976.png

6B875B4D-97D8-468D-9DC0-89D5C3A3C10B.png

This isn’t the best picture but can someone tell me what the part is that covers top of the area between the radiator and the front grill/lights. It doesn’t cover it completely, more just like the front light wiring, etc. It goes across the top, close to front grill. I spent an hour looking for this last night on-line, calling it “shield” or “valance panel” and got nothing. The center of it looks like it’s screwed down with a couple of screws. Sorry about the too close-up pic.

View attachment 1342339

View attachment 1342342
It’s for a 68 charger

It’s the top of the entire grille structure. That assembly is what the grill mounts to. There’s a lower piece that ties into the fenders and a vertical bar that ties into the core support and lower valance. The top piece is welded to the structure and won’t come off separately.

On a 1968.69 charger its the grill frame .

I think AMD makes them new

Last edited:
the 1968 factory parts manual calls it[[[[[[[[ crossbar upper.]]]]]]]] group 7-33-1 This most likely was a piece to repair the grille mounting frame. Now days all you see is the complete frame as shown on the e-bay link above.

Thanks for the replies guys. So in my second pic what do the two screws support? I’m missing those and was curious what that holds?

Thats the bracket for the rod that activates the latch. That's '69 only. They had to move the lever over from center because the split in the grill blocks it from being mounted in the same location as '68...

Thanks for the replies guys. So in my second pic what do the two screws support? I’m missing those and was curious what that holds?
To clarify the two screws just to the left of the spring.
Thats the bracket for the rod that activates the latch. That's '69 only. They had to move the lever over from center because the split in the grill blocks it from being mounted in the same location as '68...
Ahh, ok. Thanks!

Auto Transport Service
Back