• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this 73 Charger Worth?

Convertcuda

Local time
4:25 PM
Reaction score
What would a rusty original 340 4 speed dodge charge be worth? Could someone give me a range. It still runs and drivers but needs a resto?

Not enough information. Pictures, running condition, and anything else you know for sure.

Just saw one on Craigslist in KY for 19k. Personally I couldn't see it, it looked like 3k to me, so beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Lots more detail needed here to get a more accurate estimation. HTH, lefty71

Maybe 2 grand tops assuming it's gonna need replacement panels due to rust. If it's complete and all original 1 or 2 owner car, then that might add a grand or so. If the rust is really minor maybe add another grand... But if its rusty and missing a bunch of parts then your looking in the 500 - 1k range.

That's what they will sell for: anywhere from $500 to $5000 for a project car that needs full resto, depending on condition.

You will see people ask 10k+ for a project, but no one is actually going to pay that...

^ Those people are not motivated to sell

Last edited:
I guess it depends on the state also, i just saw a 74 Charger Ralley in CA. Facebook marketplace, they want 50k.

people see 2nd gen chargers going for high dollar and think they can get 20 grand for a be up 318 72 base charger. funny. suddenly the crack head steps up his game seeking 20 grand for his clapped out 74 charger. maybe in 20 years, but they are not selling for that right now

If it's matching numbers with a good color combo and "typical" rust you are probably safe up to 5k. They are good cars but the lack of an aftermarket has kept the values down. Expect that to change eventually as the 68-70 Charger values continue to climb.

Big difference between 72 and 73-4. No sheet metal available (yet anyway) for 73s. So IMHO that make the value of a rusty vehicle go down. Just sayin'.

Need pics.......based on your description, 3-4k. After that and what your plans are as how far you want to go restoring it, easily 15k. I purchased mine in 2005 for 5k and have put 23k into it and still not done but I love the fun I get out of it cruising. If its an A57 car you have a Rallye and there weren't many of those made. Good luck. If Nacho is around he can get you some great info on these.

90% of what's out there is carry over from 71-72. The quarter skins are at least something but I'd much rather full quarters, especially since the window return is usually rusted on SEs.

I've seen 73/4s from the southwest that had rusted quarters and roofs, they love to rot.

.....Maybe 2 grand tops

The 340 motor alone is worth that.

FBBO guys have you been searching the market lately on 3rd gens??

Hardly no 2K-3K cars out there unless it's a rotted 73/74 base Charger.

Just sayin'

I'll buy any 1973 340 Charger for 2k and make a quick profit.

Those quarter patches in the link above are terrible.

There are better ones from Sherman and Tabco, but they are 3x the price.

I passed on a 74 with auto for $2500 in simular shape. Damn those things rusted hard. The 4-speed helps. But I'm not too eager on the 73-74. Oops. My bad. My pass was on a 74 Roadrunner. Not sure much value difference between Charger and Roadrunner. But the seem to decay simular?

Those quarter patches in the link above are terrible.

There are better ones from Sherman and Tabco, but they are 3x the price.

I thought he posted the Tabco ones, I should have checked the link. Sherman gets their's from Tabco. Installation reviews were good but I'd still rather replace a whole panel.

Auto Transport Service
Back