• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this and where does it go?

rrTor-Red

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:31 PM
Reaction score
Helping a friend out with his 69 RR and he came across something. Is it for the clutch/brake assembly?

Picture is too large and I don't know how to resize it. Can anyone help or can I email it to someone to resize it?

Thanks!

Helping a friend out with his 69 RR and he came across something. Is it for the clutch/brake assembly?

Picture is too large and I don't know how to resize it. Can anyone help or can I email it to someone to resize it?

Thanks!

PM sent.

Here it is

Attachments

• brakeparts.jpg
    brakeparts.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 382
Kind of an odd looking piece

- - - Updated - - -

Door?

"What is this and where does it go?" Ah, memories of my 1st girlfriend. (Sorry, couldn't help it.)

"What is this and where does it go?" Ah, memories of my 1st girlfriend. (Sorry, couldn't help it.)
LMAO! Thanks for that one

- - - Updated - - -

Left is a window channel brace
Right is a handle to latch link rod.

Is there a picture of where exactly it goes in the FSM. I don't have his FSM handy. Never seen these parts before. I thought it was something for his clutch/brake assembly. Thanks to all

The rod is the door latch to door handle rod. Cant say what the other piece is though.

Thanks!

Actually it does look a lot like the end plate on the brake bracket. There is a plate like that which gets bolted to a dash brace and the brake pedal bracket on the side nearest the gas pedal.

Would any one have a picture of this to be sure where it is located, where it goes?

Thanks

I'm working on it. Have a table with all the parts from a 69B door that I disassembled a couple months ago. That bracket is with all the door parts. Have some other doors that I will check. May not go with the door but thought it did. Its on the tip on my tongue.

Thanks Mark. Kiwigtx, that's funny!

The 2 studs stick out in the front door jamb area and nuts go on obviously. They were lucky to get them out without breaking the studs off.

The 2 studs stick out in the front door jamb area and nuts go on obviously. They were lucky to get them out without breaking the studs off.

You are right about that - I managed to break 2 of the 6 off when taking them out of my Charger. Then I got to learn about weld studs.

Auto Transport Service
Back