• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what is this part

69roadr

Local time
8:52 AM
Reaction score
was fiddling around under the hood (1969 RR 383), and saw this part hooked up to my starter solenoid. (the silver rectangular part w/2 red wires connected). is this some type of fusible link? as far as i know, my car doesn't have any fusible links.

Attachments

• 086.jpg
    086.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 401
Looks like somebody wired in a circuit breaker instead of a fusible link. Gross.

so, there should be a fusible link in place of that circuit breaker? is that the only place i need one?

If it's stock wiring, yes, it looks like the right place. But beware- somebody has clearly hacked on that before.

Apparently the original got burned up. The Question is was the short repaired?

Whew, ya someone did something nasty there. I'd want to know why, too.

If it's stock wiring, yes, it looks like the right place. But beware- somebody has clearly hacked on that before.

the under dash wiring was hacked up pretty good. replaced that with new M&H wiring harness. all the other wiring under hood and rear looked good. btw, the car runs great and never had any electrical issues with burnt wires. having said that, i will replace that circuit breaker with a fusible link.

Auto Transport Service
Back