• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what is this rim from

glhx

Local time
3:18 PM
Reaction score
supposed to be from a 67 coronet convertible. it is 14"x6" 5x4.5 lug pattern with locator holes. it will not hold 9" dog dish. It holds a bigger dog dish. i dont know if it is ford or dodge. through research it looks like mid sixties dodge wheel. I want to sell them and need to know for sure what they are.

steel wheel.JPG

have those rims with locater holes on my 66 coronet 4 door 440 model

It's Mopar, the smaller holes (locator holes) are carry over from when Chrysler used lug bolts (as opposed to studs and lug nuts). Each brake drum had a small tapered stude sticking out the small hole would fit over that would help hold/align the wheel till a couple of bolts could be started.

The lug bolt system was was last used on the 58 (?) Plymouths but it seems Chrysler used the wheels with locator holes for some years after.

And yes the early wheels to a bigger center cap than the later ones.

maybe a truck but definately a dodge passenger car. 66 coronet pics.

tryout 042 (Medium).jpg

tryout 041 (Medium).jpg

tryout 040 (Medium).jpg

It's been my experience that Ford wheels have a smaller center hole and won't fit over the MoPar axle, so I'd agree with the above posts. Old MoPar.

they are definetly coronet wheels from a 67 convertible. they are 5.5 wheels

Auto Transport Service
Back