• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this tool?

19polara64

Local time
7:59 AM
Reaction score
My dad was a machinist/machanic so could be anything.

7FE34BC7-8ED8-403F-92A4-BF7B27BEEC3B.jpeg

352EBDA8-78F7-4769-9829-1218BE1CE91B.jpeg

E30B7410-EB4A-4B23-B798-9EE188F6604B.jpeg

My Dad had something that looked similar. It was a clutch plate alignment tool. Different ends screwed on to go into the pilot bushings, and the tapered collar pushed up the shaft to center the clutch disc. Been 40+ years since I used it, but it looked similar if I recall correctly. Of course, it didn't have those cutter bits....

If it's in the case is there a manifacturer on it or even a part number? But as others have said it looks like a king pin reamer to me....did he work on anything specific?

My Dad had something that looked similar. It was a clutch plate alignment tool. Different ends screwed on to go into the pilot bushings, and the tapered collar pushed up the shaft to center the clutch disc. Been 40+ years since I used it, but it looked similar if I recall correctly. Of course, it didn't have those cutter bits....

I have one like that

The fact you have the whole tool kit, or at least almost all of it, is great and I bet somebody would love to add that to their tool box, especially if it's for early Fords Pre-50's.

Probably for your dad's old truck's king pins he used to hall his race cars to the track.

That's a clutch alignment tool. The little short pieces fit different size pilot bushings/bearings. The tapered sleeve slides over the shaft into the clutch plate to align it. It's universal. Have used one for several years

Amazon product ASIN B0028QGTZO

Looks to me like you have 2 different tools there. A kingpin reamer and a clutch alignment tool. Thats an old Craftsman socket set box that they’re in.

Auto Transport Service
Back