• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this ?

pearljam724

Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
Would someone be so kind to explain what this little valve looking thing is and what exactly it does ? It’s part of the junction block that the 2 master cylinder lines hook into.

18ED15E2-ABD8-4C85-8326-D87FABDC8B6A.jpeg

Does that have an electrical wire going to the other side? Is that the brake warning light switch?

That’s what it is wire attaches to round center post. If pressure is lost in ft or r the valve inside slides and grounds switch brake warning comes on. You will still have 1/2 braking to limp home.

Thanks, guys. Does it look like the oem wire you speak of. Should mate with this connection pictured ? I have a standard non rallye gauge. My brake light works for the parking brake on the gauge. Would the wire you guys speak of trigger the same parking brake light ? I’ve been all over my firewall inside and out and never came across a wire available. Not saying there isn’t. Thank you, both

Looks like an aftermarket proportioning valve - factory is mounted lower, by the frame rail. You're looking for one black wire.

Looks like an aftermarket proportioning valve - factory is mounted lower, by the frame rail. You're looking for one black wire.
Yes, it’s aftermarket. It ties into the factory one down by the frame rail. Do you have have a picture of this black wire ? Should it run from 1 of the 3 electrical connectors on the firewall, beside the power booster ? Id like to see what that factory terminal looks like at the end of the black wire. Was it a spade or was it round ? I looked and couldn’t find anything. Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back