• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is torque spec on clutch fan to waterpump pulley

flamesoldier

Local time
7:08 PM
Reaction score
I have a FSM but cant seem to find where the clutch fan to water pump pulley torque spec is mentioned anyone know this for a 1974 Roadrunner with 400 big block

image.jpg

There should be torque specs in there for all the sized fasteners. General uses.

I have a FSM but cant seem to find where the clutch fan to water pump pulley torque spec is mentioned anyone know this for a 1974 Roadrunner with 400 big block

View attachment 1447717
Like mentioned in #2....measure the size of the fastener and look up the specs for it. Simple. Charts are also available for all the different sizes and grades. I'm thinking it was a grade 5 from the factory but if you upgraded to an 8, I wouldn't go much over the recommended torque spec for a 5.

I have the '73 Plymouth Chassis Service Manual and it shows section 7-12, COOLING SYSTEM, 200 inch-pounds, and doesn't discern between the engines. The '74 should be the same, but check the Alphabetical Index at the back of the book, under COOLING SYSTEM, and it should be listed under Fan or Fluid Fan Drive. Also, good luck putting a torque wrench in there? Might need one of those crowfoot wrench heads for this.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back