• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is wrong window video

pearljam724

Local time
7:10 PM
Reaction score
My car is almost done. Just several small things. My driver window has a lot of slop. I was about to add a new door panel. When I noticed where the slop is coming from. As in the video. When I lift the window by hand. There’s a lot of slop by the very bottom piece of the regulator. The regulator doesn’t move hardly at all. It’s just the window. What is wrong and how do I fix it ? Thank you for help.

Looks like you are missing your paperish gasket between the bracket / glass and the plastic rivet, but even at that once mine was together with fresh parts it rocked a bit and worked just fine. I did jam some felt stripping in between like a shim to snug it up somewhat.

Ok, yeah. That was my thinking too. I thought the piece was plastic maybe. I noticed the piece you’re referring to on passenger side a few weeks ago. But, I have panel on that side now. So, I can’t quite remember. Do they still sell those. I imagine I could maybe fabricate something. If it’s the plastic river your referring too an inch to the right and behind the arm. It’s there and fine.

There’s a flat rod that comes all the way down from the vent window. I think it’s suppose to connect to a piece at the bottom of door. Because they are separated. It’s causing slop at my vent window too. I think I saw a video sometime ago. That those two pieces were only tack welded together originally and it’s common for them to come apart. But, I don’t know ?

The gasket from glass to metal bracket is just made from regular sheet gasket, you remove the center of the plastic rivet to remove it, disassemble, install new gasket and then put the plastic rivet back in. Numerous restoration threads showing this on this forum...

beerestoration2019 2806.JPG beerestoration2019 2807.JPG beerestoration2019 2808.JPG beerestoration2019 2899.JPG beerestoration2019 2900.JPG

..and on the vent frame lower bracket, again covered numerous times. They break off and you weld them back on.

beerestoration2019 2671.JPG beerestoration2019 2672.JPG beerestoration2019 2674.JPG

Thank you, bud. You’re always a helpful person. I know those rivets are going to explode as soon as I touch them. Already broke and replaced a few plastic parts I didn’t want to because they were so brittle. Part of the game I guess, lol !

Give the CENTER pin a hit from one side with a punch.. if it doesn't move hit it from the other side and it will come out in one direction or the other.

Will do, thank you for helping. Seems like a pretty easy repair.

It turns out I’m missing that piece in the very bottom picture. If anyone can help and contact me about one, please do.

Which piece.. the window gasket or the claw foot for the bottom of the vent track?

Which piece.. the window gasket or the claw foot for the bottom of the vent track?
The claw foot. I found it. Was hard to see at first. Gonna have to soak it in there for a while before I can remove it. Little rusty. I think, I can bolt it on the track. If I find a couple bolts with very flat heads.

Auto Transport Service
Back