• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is yout favorite brand of Street tires ?

What is your favorite brand of Street tires ?

• Good Year

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Michelin

Votes: 17 12.1%
  • Continental / General

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firestone

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • BF Goodrich

Votes: 62 44.0%
  • Uniroyal

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Bridgestone

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Pirelli

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Kumho

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 27 19.1%

• Total voters
I cast my vote for Good Year , I seem to get better service out of these that the other brands, even thought some of the others make very good tires, despite the facts that my Father worked in the Automotive Tire Industry for Continental / General for 36 years, and that I have had several good sets of Generals and Michelins.

they guy my vote is for BF Goodrich

me too radial t/a's

PB271722.JPG

BF Goodrich for everyday cruising and MT ET Radials for serious cruising (usually Saturday nights).

Guess it depends on what you mean by "street"

I have Pilots on my S-197, and don't think I'd want to run anything else. Not that hot for hard core straight line, but damned good for the twisties. BFG's are a descent "all around" raised white letter tire (and a 215/60/14 is a perfect replacement for B's that came with 14's). For diggin I'd consider the BFG Drag Radial

but back in the day, I ran Dunlop Gold Seals on my runner. Yup a whitewall that turned to goo when boiled

I really like the ride and look of the BFG Radial T/A's. Plus, if you are running 14's they are pretty much the only choice for some sizes. I wish goodyear still offered the Eagle tires with the raised yellow letters. I don't those have been available since the late 90's.

I really like the ride and look of the BFG Radial T/A's. Plus, if you are running 14's they are pretty much the only choice for some sizes. I wish goodyear still offered the Eagle tires with the raised yellow letters. I don't those have been available since the late 90's.

I always found that the goodyears didnt wear well and the compound was way to soft

I always found that the goodyears didnt wear well and the compound was way to soft

I liked the soft compound Good Years, It made for a great handling tire, Good grip from take off and sticky during the twisties too. but tire life sucked, they weren't the longest lasting tires by no means.

Depends what you want to do, I like the Goodyear eagles for my little car for every day driving, ET Streets for the Hotrod for the street and BF goodrich t/a to just have fun and boil the hides on demand.

I have been putting Michelin's on my daily drivers for about 5 yrs. Get mine at Costco.
I am amazed at how nice my car rides with the Michelin's.
Wet or dry, stopping. I feel safer and more comfortable on Michelin's.

Had lots of BFG's on my cars then the Michelin's got to less the $40 more a set of 4 and I switched.
My Road Runner has Yokohama Avid ST's

Hmmm...haven't gotten to the point of choosing rubber for my Charger project so I can't use that as the basis for my choice.

However, the two brands I like the most aren't even on the list. I love Toyo and Yokohama tires for all my other cars.

Toyo R888 and Yokohama A048 tires rock.

Hmmm...haven't gotten to the point of choosing rubber for my Charger project so I can't use that as the basis for my choice.

However, the two brands I like the most aren't even on the list. I love Toyo and Yokohama tires for all my other cars.

Toyo R888 and Yokohama A048 tires rock.

You like "Tooner Tires" ! :rolling: ..............just kidding. :grin:

I've gone with BFG's because they always came in the sizes I needed. I also think the "Font" of the letters looks better than any others I've seen on a car. Is Firestone still even in the market? BFG's dont seem to make enough smoke as the others, or scream right. Might consider yokes or other jap tires, but always liked the BFG's looks on the car.

Auto Transport Service
Back