• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What kind of air filter is that? (472 Hemi 2x4)

hemibeastpl

Local time
7:43 AM
Reaction score
1670322226063.png

I have recently bought Charger 69' with Hemi 472 with 2x4 Holley carb system. I wanted to check what kind of filters I need for next car service. When I took off clean air filter's cover, I was stunned when I saw this:
magnified.jpg

That red plastic is holding a thin layer of some kind of filter. Its tight. Air goes only through those small holes. I expected it to be like on this picture:
hemihead.jpg

It didn't have a base (retainer) to fit, kind of filter like the one on a picture.
I have no clue what kind of filter should I obtain.
What is currently, doesn't look sufficient.

Please help!

I have no idea what that filter is, but I suggest you look for a K&N brand filter that fits your aircleaner

I would assume someone made that so it would fit under the hood.
If you go back to stock, don't slam the hood!!

I would assume someone made that so it would fit under the hood.
If you go back to stock, don't slam the hood!!
This makes sense, the engine is tall with a deep oil pan.
I don't want it to be harmed due to insufficient filtering. If it's possible, I need to make it stock.

If I read your comments right, you do not have a base, just the top and filter that is both a base and filter. For Holley not the OEM carter with small circle. Is it cleanable?

If I read your comments right, you do not have a base, just the top and filter that is both a base and filter. For Holley not the OEM carter with small circle. Is it cleanable?
Yes, You are correct about everything You mentioned. Yes it can be cleaned and reused. However its thin as women's stockings.

Auto Transport Service
Back