• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What kind of pliers do I need for this clamp?

eric383

Local time
10:34 AM
Reaction score
image.jpg

WHY would you use something like that? Minimal clamping force, even assuming the proper size, and proper clamping tool, which you might have to buy. And then to remove, you would have to cut it and throw it away.

Pinch clamp pliers. Readily available, somewhere in the bottom of my tool box, or auto / tool stores suppliers.

Pinch clamp pliers. Readily available, somewhere in the bottom of my tool box, or auto / tool stores suppliers.

I think I have some from Lowes that were called tile nibblers.

that's something you see on axel boots, I wouldn't trust it to hold back pressurized coolant...... even if it works at first, it can't be tightened later; and cutting it off would be difficult without damaging the hose

Those clamps would be the last option on any car I worked on.

WHY would you use something like that? Minimal clamping force, even assuming the proper size, and proper clamping tool, which you might have to buy. And then to remove, you would have to cut it and throw it away.
That’s what was OE in 1967 on the fuel filler. There’s no pressure and I like things to be correct.

Those are factory on fuel filler hoses. So if you are correctly restoring a car then you would want these clamps. I have some original hoses and clamps on cars that are working fine 54 years later.

Those are factory on fuel filler hoses. So if you are correctly restoring a car then you would want these clamps. I have some original hoses and clamps on cars that are working fine 54 years later.
Exactly! Thanks.

You truly need special splicers that are specially for those clamps. I think. One that nips them closed and also pushes in on the tab to keep them perfectly round. Again...I think.

I took them off my car when the hose rotted and replaced with the common worm gear clamp. I wasn't real concerned about the "concourse correct" crap, and wanted the much better and stronger clamps.

I took them off my car when the hose rotted and replaced with the common worm gear clamp. I wasn't real concerned about the "concourse correct" crap, and wanted the much better and stronger clamps.
It’s crap to you, but not to everybody.

yeah if your not concerned then a worm clamp is easier and cheaper. Best of both worlds. Enjoy your version, just know it’s crap to the restoration people.

Am I missing out. What happened to the Corbin Clamps? The flat bands were used only on fuel lines right?

I just received my "ear clamp" pliers in the mail yesterday. They are actually the preferred method for in-tank fuel pump hose clamps.

Auto Transport Service
Back