• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what mirror for right side on a 64 Belvedere?

retractable

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:54 PM
Reaction score
am looking for a mirror for the right side on my 64 Belvedere. The twin post does not sit high enough to see anything looking back. What are the options ? I have a twin post on the left side. Thanks

I don't believe there was an optional mirror then other than the remote! Some of the 63s I'd seen have the DS mirror mounted up higher close to the vent window!

it has been my finding that many early dual mirrors were attempts at show value over practical application...often the right hand mirror was of zero use...I cannot say when the practical side kicked in 100%

I have tried finding a higher place on the fender but I did not like that either and did not like the way it looked. Maybe I wont find a mirror that will work.

it has been my finding that many early dual mirrors were attempts at show value over practical application...often the right hand mirror was of zero use...I cannot say when the practical side kicked in 100%

Actually more than zero use !!

Picture 130.jpg

Damn Bill...That's even worse than the one on my 70. On a side note if I set it right I can watch the ole ladies boobies bounce and her not know...:steering::lol:

so...that's why you refuse to put on a decent set of shocks....

In my above post I mistakenly said "looking for a spot on the fender to mount the mirror" I meant to say on the door. I tried like 62MAX but I did not think it would work very well. That was about the only spot that you could see anything at all.

Like the rest of you I tried doing the left side dual post mirror on the right door of the 64 ...And like you,,,pretty useless.

In my above post I mistakenly said "looking for a spot on the fender to mount the mirror" I meant to say on the door. I tried like 62MAX but I did not think it would work very well. That was about the only spot that you could see anything at all.

The only reason it's there is because that is the original position of the driver side which works well.The passenger side only works for the passenger !!:rolleyes:

....l do have a really nice dual post with the pentastar on the base. Very nice piece. $100 shipped. Or trade.....

Check out the way Mosher mounts his not correct but might work.

Don't drill the holes. Hit the gas and do a head check to move right.

I think that stepping on the gas and looking right the best you can is the best way because there doesn't seem to be a good way to get a right side mirror mounted. The only way that I can engineer is a spacer of some sort under the twin post mirror to get it tall enough and I wont do that.

Auto Transport Service
Back