• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What parts are not reproduced

Car #4

Local time
1:13 AM
Reaction score
What parts are not reproduced that are commonly sought after? Just in case I should ever come across things in my travels.

66 Satellite top of fender, door and quarter trim. Use is silver NOS 8k gold not 24 k. 66 426 hood ornament with good candy apple red and well raised numbers .002. The on left is the correct, one on right is said to be from another vendor. Numbers aren't the same and not raised as much,.001.
Org vs Repo hood ornament.JPG

This is a HUGE question. Parts are more available on some mopars than others. Then the option of checking on NOS or used from members or suppliers. Pick a few parts you might have in mind and do some surfing on the web. I've spent days maybe weeks, adding up all the time I've hunted for parts during repairs/resto. Looking for some parts, I've had a ton of help from fellow members. Just located a part that took hours to find on the web over the course of a couple weeks and fellow members weren't able to come up with anything. Doesn't happen often, but does.

What's NOT reproduced is WAY more than what IS reproduced.

It's an acquired art to learn what is and is not and if something you see is or is not desirable and is or is not in above average condition.

...and is or is not a good deal at the price offered.

66 Satellite top of fender, door and quarter trim. Use is silver NOS 8k gold not 24 k. 66 426 hood ornament with good candy apple red and well raised numbers .002. The on left is the correct, one on right is said to be from another vendor. Numbers aren't the same and not raised as much,.001.View attachment 1457216
With exception to the tail lights and front turn signal lenses .
Pretty much nuttin for unique to the 66 Plymouth B body cars

70 Coronet fenders, '68-70 road runner and Coronet deck lids,

'68 Plymouth grilles and lower dash pads/the vinyl stuff off the top of my head...

In this order, anything 1962 B, then 1966 and then 1967....
Thank God they share drivetrain parts with other years.

Just look at the price when they come up for sale, that'll tell you whether they are sought after..

When you see a price tag of $10K on a nose cone for a winged car at Carlisle that looks like it was used for bump drafting at Daytona and was left outside since the race, that's sought after...

70 Coronet fenders, '68-70 road runner and Coronet deck lids,
Wish I could find as nice of a '68 Coronet deck lid as I can for the price of the '69's and 70's lol
Seen some pretty decent 69's for 200-350 range and 70's for about 500. While 68's are 2-3x that. I have a problem it seems with getting 1 year only cars :BangHead:

What parts are not reproduced that are commonly sought after? Just in case I should ever come across things in my travels.
68 Plymouth B Body front turn signal housings pops into mind.
Just purchased a sweet pair of used OEMs with mint OEM lenses from a member on here by pure luck.

Auto Transport Service
Back