• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What plugs to use...

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:41 PM
Reaction score
My dad has a 440 stroked to 505, aluminum heads, 10:1 compression, TTI headers, Fast EZ EFI 1.0, Summit racing CDI spark box (same as MSD), ac, and automatic. He needs to know what plugs he should use. I have no clue, so any help would be appreciated.

I've got the following plugs for my comparable 440 stroker:

NGK FR5 (hot medium heat range)
NGK BRK7E (cold heat range)

I would recommend SPARK plugs. Pipe plugs give disappointing results.

But seriously, I'd contact the manufacturer of the heads and get their recommendations. They must have to deal with combos like this.

Pipe plugs...I knew someone was gonna say that cause I would have, lol!!

Stealth heads from 440 source are on the engine and they weren't much help on the phone, so that's why I'm asking here.

Stealth heads from 440 source are on the engine and they weren't much help on the phone, so that's why I'm asking here.

Champion, I am using these C63YC 5/8" #1,2 ARE A PITA on 1 I use a 5/8" socket with a bilt in nut on the back and then open end wrench. for the stealths use 5/8"

440source sells the plugs they recommend for their heads.

Auto Transport Service
Back