• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What product to use to clean dust and dirt off car sitting in garage

Bricklayer58

Local time
1:46 PM
Reaction score
My car was painted and sat in my garage for a long time without cleaning it up I want to clean all the dirty dust of outside of car?
What would be best product to use on the initial cleaning of my car.
Thank you
Tom

I’d push it outside and blow it off with air.

I’d wash it using a very soft brush to get the heavy stuff off instead of a sponge to lessen the likelihood of dirt scratches.

Then I’d wash it with a mit or sponge, using whatever you use on your other cream puff cars.

my .02$

Most of the time, I blow it off with air, then go over with a California Duster and then finish up with Maguire's instant detailer and a microfiber cloth.

If it's really dirty, I blow it off, rinse with clear water and then wash with a microfiber cloth or mit. After washing blow it off and drive it a few miles. Driving does a better job than just blowing.

Been there before. I'd spray it with water getting some of the dirt off, then pressure wash with plain water to get the rest off. Then I'd wash it with a car wash soap with a wash mitt.

Drive it like it's stolen . . . That would do it !

Maybe I'm crazy but I just hit it with a power washer then wash it up:realcrazy:.. you guys make it sound like you're bathing a baby.

That’s more then I wanted to put into it
I went to autozone got some spray on **** fuk it.
Work well for me
Thanks
Tom
Any members near Lititz,pa.

Maybe I'm crazy but I just hit it with a power washer then wash it up:realcrazy:.. you guys make it sound like you're bathing a baby.

Ok you're crazy. :D

I wouldn't use a pressure washer on any car for the fact they can do some damage. Maybe from five feet away but up close they can peel paint, damage window gaskets/seals ect.

I don't like water getting into all of the nooks and crannies of the car. So, I use this this stuff mixed with distilled water to the proportion directed. I use a pressurized sprayer to apply the mix on one body panel at a time. The orange towels are seamless Korean plush towels. I wipe gently in one direction (no rotation). Rinse the towel frequently as needed.
51ju35+cFmL._AC_SX522_.jpg
71N0xp8ZFRL._SL1500_.jpg
00369559.jpg
TPK470oE-4pack_1080x.jpg

Mine sat for over a year because I didn't take it out last year...Most of the time it's covered with either Pima or Egyptian cotton sheets, 800TC. This spring I started working on it, carburetor problems, then alternator problems so it was uncovered long enough to get dirty. I use a high volume spray bottle and REALLY good microfiber towels. Post #13, good idea! I've got one of those pump sprayers. The manual pump helps give my grip a workout. :D
I wipe it and dry it. The tail panel has the equivalent of NOS tail light lenses so I spray them with totally awesome, spray warm water and use compressed air to dry it. Yeah, I know, :realcrazy:. A professional restorer told me that as soon as you touch/wipe perfect plastic, it will scratch.
I agree, I would never use a pressure washer on those cars.
I also use McGuires car wash if I need something more than water.
I also like Wizard detailer at shows.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back