• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What radiator are you guys running? Thickness of rad?

dodge68charger

Local time
10:10 PM
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a new radiator soon. Looking for 1 inch or bigger tubes and an electric fan setup. Most likely aluminum.. Are you happy with your purchase? Im not sure of the distance from the stock water Pump pulley to the core support of a 440 engine in a 68 charger with a 440 engine? Dont wanna buy one too thick.. I wanna mount the rad first before i drop in the engine just in case i have to modify anything. Thanks guys

26" Ma Mopar copper. Shroud. Thermal fan.

I had a 4-core (0.6" tube) Champion that was really thick with the Ford Contour cooling fan module. Fit was really tight to front of engine, and it seemed like it was hard to get good airflow through the thick radiator?
I just replaced it with a 2-row (1.25" tube) Griffin which is alot thinner.
Mounted two low profile Spal 13" fans from BeCool (#75081) on the radiator. Supposed to be 1,250 cfm each?
Haven't had a chance to drive it with the new setup yet.

I was thinking about goin with a Griffin radiator also with their electric fans.. The exact fot are a bit much. Maybe a direct fit. Just dont want any cooling issues. Lots of stop and go traffic here. I like the bigger tubes in the radiator. Not sure what type of radiators Be Cool offers for b bodys.,

I was a bit disapointed with the Direct Fit as the mounting holes were too high and the bottom of the radiator hit the lower core support before the holes lined up. I just ended up making new upper holes, but for the price I think they should have done a better job fitting. Other than that , it looks like it should cool good. The Champion cooled OK before I put the A/C condenser in front of it and ran the A/C on 90+ degree days. I also had a Glen-ray HD stock type radiator that cooled great with the stock fan shroud and mechanical clutch fan, but then I put on the serpentine belt drive, and did not want to put electric fans on the Glen-ray radiator (Going to use it in a different car.)

Champion 2 row 1 inch tubes aluminum on 472 hemi

Champion 2 row and Lincoln Mark VIII electric fan on a worked 400. Very happy w results

My air car would overheat when I used the A/C and was very tight for spacing. I had it re-cored (same size as original) with a high efficiency core (125% more efficient than original) and no spacing issues whatsoever.

I was so please with the results that I did the same with my roadrunner. It runs so cool now that I had to reinstall a thermostat to get it up to operating temperature on the highway.

If space is an issue, stay away from aluminium.

Auto Transport Service
Back