• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What seats will fit my car?

USatC

Local time
2:07 AM
Reaction score
I have a 72 Satellite with a bench seat that I plan on changing out. I want to go with bucket seats but they seem to change over the years. What year seats will fit my car. Also, Will back panels from other cars (like chargers) also work in my car?

I had Cuda seats in my 72 Sattie. Don't remember what year tho.

tracks are different and seat is correct up to 71 ( has different size release button 72 and up)
otherwise you can make it work

When it comes to seats, there are several factors to consider.

First, any seat can be installed in your car. From any maker, model, or year. They just may or may not fit in the stock holes and you may need to drill a couple new holes, which is not a big task. If you do drill new holes, be sure to add some reinforcement under the floor area where the new holes are (I use some 2" x 1/8" steel bar stock). Another fix is you can cut the mounting studs off the tracks and weld them back on at the spot they need to be in to fit in the stock holes. Generally speaking, drilling holes is easier, but I would suggest investing in a $100 wire welder from Harbor Freight that will enable you to weld the studs on the seat track and weld lots of other stuff too, so it's a great investment.

Second, if you're wanting to stay vintage Mopar, most all of the bucket seats from 70-80 are all essentially the same under the skin. The foam changes, the backs change, the covers change, but most everything else is the same, so don't pay $500 for a pair of torn up 72 seats when you can buy a pair of torn up 77 Volare/Aspen seats for $50. Buy the seats, buy new foam and covers, take the old crap off and put the new stuff on and no one will know what frame is under the covers. :)

Lastly, don't be afraid to recover your seats yourself. Just buy some good covers, a big bag of hog rings and some hog ring pliers, watch some how to videos on Youtube, and knock the job out. It's pretty easy, and will save you about a grand by doing it yourself.

I have a 72 B body and i'm looking at 70 b-body seats

Auto Transport Service
Back