• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What should I offer? 65 Be

Rev. Mopar

Local time
12:23 PM
Reaction score
Just found a 1965 Belvedere II nearby. Although I would prefer a 65 Satellite, the II is a decent alternative. It is very straight, minor rust issues (mostly repaired at an earlier dateI is a poly head with three on the tree. Interior looks like a bomb went off in it, but it is all there. Car runs and drives great, all chrome and brightwork are present. Thing is, I really don't know what a reasonable price would be. Fair to him (non MOPAR guy) and fair to me as the purchaser. Ideas welcome.

Current "Old Car Price Guide" shows:
1965 Belvedere II

Condition 6 (Junk or Parts car). $1,000
Condition 5 $3,000
Condition 4 $5,000
Just a Guide...
Current, May/June 2022

Before I saw the guide that super bee ski kindly put up I was thinking about $3,000.
Pics would help too.

$3000 is what I paid 21 years ago when I bought my 65 Belvedere I. $ I agree $3000 is about right.
Early B's market haven't changed much over the years.

Hardtop....sedan? In 66 you could get a 4dr sedan Belvedere II but never saw a 2dr sedan II. Lots of people like the hardtops but I'm a sedan guy.

Asking 5K for this down here-

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl/cto/d/punta-gorda-1965-dodge-coronet-project/7484162186.html

1654541532047.png

Not sure how it got a 273 Commando but that's kinda cool.

Not sure how it got a 273 Commando but that's kinda cool.
Not a Commando, just a 4 barrel intake and carb. He must be a Chevy guy! LMAO

$3000 is what I paid 21 years ago when I bought my 65 Belvedere I. $ I agree $3000 is about right.
Early B's market haven't changed much over the years.

I agree. I have always loved the early B bodies. I say they are a great value, especially since the average one is not usually a rare max wedge, or big block, much less hemi.
Lots of drag cars love them, and that helps keepthe body affordable.
I have been n this hobby since mid 80s and have had about all of the, from hemis to slants. At 74 I figure my current build of a 64 Savoy is my last. I have 5 old mioars and would like to downsize.
I get amused as the average buyer is always 1000 mi away and he generally wants a complete project which still today will go for $3500-4000 around here, or in my case, I have a car with all the body/paint work done, new glass, most of the interior new, 2000 worth of parts and they want it all for $6000, with the good title.
I love the hunt, working on them, driving them, but I hate the deal involved of ever selling!!!!

The car I posted is now on ebay starting at 3K.

Auto Transport Service
Back