• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What size bore?

max340

Local time
12:16 AM
Reaction score
Ok, manual brake car and pedal. I've got the original single piston calipers up front and the SSBC single piston on the rears. I called Wilwood with the specs and two calls yielded two different answers for the master. What bore should I be installing here? I have a 1" from POL and have a totally hard pedal. Should I get 15/16" or 7/8"?? I hope I can stick with just manual and get this done. Thanks

When you say hard pedal, doesn't that mean it's not stopping well?

Max, I used the MC that came with the SSBC kit on the manual disc conversion for my 71. Stopping is unsatisfactory. I switched to a 15/16 on my 65 and very happy with stopping and pedal pressure. Way better than my 71.

When you say hard pedal, doesn't that mean it's not stopping well?
The pedal will travel about half way then get hard to push. I can stop the car only because I'm strong enough but that's really pushing.

Max, I used the MC that came with the SSBC kit on the manual disc conversion for my 71. Stopping is unsatisfactory. I switched to a 15/16 on my 65 and very happy with stopping and pedal pressure. Way better than my 71.
Ok thanks. I figured I'd get someone with my situation here. I read a bunch but no one comes back with their success story.

These are from Mopar Action disc brake conversion about master cylinders.
db2.JPG
db1.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back