what sould I do with roadrunner

1968 -1970 Mopars

1. barber33

barber33 Member

Local Time:
    12:03 PM
    I got a 1970 roundrunner rm21nog car it is going to need trunk pan and front floods may just rh and lh side aslo going to need quarters and a pass side fender . Car is 383 4 speed a/c post car. But the car has a 440 in it the car was on a farm for 15 to 20 years and had not been touch also got a 1971 dust and 1967 satellite what would you do with the road runner I like the pro touring cars should keep it stock or pro touring some people tell me to keep it stock becouse it a post a/c and it is somewhat rare this is the first mopar cars I HAVE ALOT OF CHEVY I would like your input

2. rolling_Thunder

rolling_Thunder Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:03 AM
    Well your 70 sounds like my 69... coupe, needs floors, needs trunk, and bodywork... If this is your only mopar I would do a pro-touring style car... mini-tubbed with big brakes and wheels - swap in a stroked 5.7L Hemi (stroke to 6.4L) with a T-56 six speed... go with a custom dash with AutoMeter gauges and buckets with a 8 point cage, subframe connectors, and a bunch more suspension mods...

I would do the same but I already am doing something similar to my 68 Charger... my 69 RR will be a 526ci Hemi pushing ~750hp through a 4-speed and a mini-tubbed rear end with about 12" wide slicks and everything else stock....

3. 7DRRunner

7DRRunner Active Member

Local Time:

0507phr_road_16_z.jpg

4. 66_B_Body4ever

66_B_Body4ever Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Now thats wicked...great car!

5. Bigdreamsnobux

Bigdreamsnobux Member

Local Time:
    I too have a '70 Satellite that I bought because I fell in love with HAMMER (70 Satellite/RR). I will be building my car in a very similar fashion to Hammer, which is to say pro touring look as well (oh, and I was a Chevy guy for decades until I saw this car). Check out Pure Vision's website (http://www.purevisiondesign.com) for some pics and specs.

6. Bigdreamsnobux

Bigdreamsnobux Member

Local Time:
    The pro-touriing look is perfect for the '70 RR/Satellite. I was a Chevy guy for years until I got one look at HAMMER (www.purevisiondesign.com). I promptly ran out and bought a '70 that I will build in it's likeness some day for my boys and I!!!!!!

7. Darius

Darius FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    AMD finally has the FULL quarters for 70 RR/GTX. $700 +or- each depending on who you buy them from. Wish they had been done a year ago!
    Check my thread on this forum "B body stiffening" for alterktion and 4 link rear suspension pics in a 70 GTX.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.