• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what to do first

ord27

Local time
5:19 PM
Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on a '70 Superbee. The paint and body are already done. What's next?

The car is a shell. It's a painted, nice shell, but still a shell.

Is there a preferred order of doing things?

suggestions please.

Up your credit limit!:)
The charger that I'm working on is at the same stage. Still a long way to go. I would do suspension and drivetrain next.

I would do interior last but make sure that the headliner is done before the windshield and rear glass get installed. It makes that job a whole lot easier. I ended up taking the glass out of my dart to do the headliner.

Moparts had a good reassembly guide as to what sequence everything should be put back together. I did a quick search for you but couldn't find it however.

Headliner, firewall insulation, wiper mechanism/pivots/motor, heater box, pedals, dash frame, front windshield, firewall items...

I like to focus on making them a roller first, suspension, steering and drivetrain. Then move on to wiring followed by panels, glass, trim and interior to put it simple.

Auto Transport Service
Back