• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What to do with 3G phone.....?

What to do with 3G phone.....?

• Recycle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donate

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Target Practice

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:23 AM
Reaction score
Target practice will be with a pellet rifle so should be able to take a few shots at it. Wouldn't mind donating it but who uses a 3G phone these days?

Target practice will be with a pellet rifle so should be able to take a few shots at it. Wouldn't mind donating it but who uses a 3G phone these days?
I think they still work for 911 I believe.

Tie a bunch of helium-filled balloons to it and release it right after calling 9-1-1.

I don’t get all this 3g 5G stuff and you can’t use the older phones anymore. I still am using my old flip phone. Cost me $11 I believe.

Sell it to someone in Canada. Make a few bucks. We still get 3g for a few more years.

Sell it to someone in Canada. Make a few bucks. We still get 3g for a few more years.
Was thinking there's bound to be other countries still using the 3rd gen stuff.....pisses me off that this country decided to capitalize on raping people. I was happy with my old phone and actually thought it was a 4g unit.

I don’t get all this 3g 5G stuff and you can’t use the older phones anymore. I still am using my old flip phone. Cost me $11 I believe.

How I see it:

3G = Dialup Internet
4G = ADSL
LTE = Cable Internet
5G = Fibre Optic

Living in a big city it's basically faster wireless with each revision it seems to me.

the companies do this to just rape you all the time ,it will go on the wall of shame ,not getting any more new **** this will stop all the bull **** calls .

Make a YouTube video, act like you are receiving a call on the phone, appear to get aggrevated with the caller, throw the phone on the ground and begin shooting it.

Planned obsolescence...

people think they need to buy new ones

some do every damn time a new rendition comes out

prisoners to their "cell phones"

I have an old cell phone from 2007-ish no-name brand
(no doubt Chinese made, cheap ****, may have been Consumer Cellular then too ?)
it came with the service...
Now on Consumer Cellular like $24 (?) monthly,
it works just fine, I rarely ever use a cell phone anymore
even when I travel to other mountain areas,
main reason I even have one...
I now pretty-much, only even use it when I travel...

I did have to change a Sim-card a year or more back

I highly doubt it's anything close to 3g
let alone 5g (all hype)

Last edited:
How I see it:

3G = Dialup Internet
4G = ADSL
LTE = Cable Internet
5G = Fibre Optic

Living in a big city it's basically faster wireless with each revision it seems to me.
My old phone did fine....my new one has more 'options' but it also has more crap coming in on it....crap I can't figure out how to turn off. There are some things on my new phone that I like but it's the crap it has on it that I don't like that outweighs the the new stuff that I do like. Faster? I live very close to Houston (too close) and don't see anything that's faster on the new phone. Btw, my new phone is a 4G and if they decide to go to 6G in the next year and make this one obsolete, screw it. I made it this far in life without a freakin cell phone and can continue on without one. Don't need the extra cost but one thing I like the most is being able to take a pic with it and post it on the net and that's pretty handy for when I have something to sell but a digital camera can do the same thing.

Not 100% sure, but I don't think they can track the 3G as efficiently, or intrusively as 5G. You may want to keep it, for future needs...

Not 100% sure, but I don't think they can track the 3G as efficiently, or intrusively as 5G. You may want to keep it, for future needs...
But it won't work as they are turning off 3g communications.

5g around the Atlanta area sucks not anything noticeable from the old 3g stuff we had before.. But that may be due to my wearing of tinfoil hats and underwear.

But that may be due to my wearing of tinfoil hats and underwear.
:lol:

Liberal Tin Foil Hats Conspiracy.jpg

I need a shortwave transmitter :)

Poland…….not too long ago on arrival

Welcome to Poland! Your T-Mobile plan gives you unlimited data at up to 2G speeds and texts at no extra cost! Calls at 20 cents/min. Visit t-mo.co/intl-roam1 to learn more and view additional calling/data options. Enjoy your stay!

Donate it to the want a be King that believes in using “Burner Phones” He can add it to the collection from other idiots that has donated money to his BS.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back