• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What to do

Belvederblue

Local time
8:50 PM
Reaction score
I have a buddy that has been paralyzed last 7 years he has a 1967 belveder2 2 door with build 440 and a 1969 roadrunner 2 door 383 both non post cars but can't run or finish them like he wants. What do u do

He has hand sticks he drives belvedere Im only person that sees him . Im also in middle of painting another built 76 ford F150 for him

Well, free labor isn’t anything to sneeze at.

If he's paralyzed, hopeful he's come to grips with it - especially after seven years - and realizes that the cars are now just a selfish pleasure that he can only look at and not enjoy, and they're depreciating in value. If he's a good friend then I'd broach the topic of selling the cars to fund something he needs - ramps around the home, power wheelchair, a disability van, etc..

He realizes he has to down size and has come to terms that he need to part with one of the old cars.

It must be really difficult to let go of your dreams no matter how far out of reach they may seem. I know that I am likely to be the guy that refuses to sell my stuff even when I am too old to do anything with it.

It must be really difficult to let go of your dreams no matter how far out of reach they may seem. I know that I am likely to be the guy that refuses to sell my stuff even when I am too old to do anything with it.
He Aint old just paralyzed. Has two old mopars and two old ford pickups

Thanks, I can read. No need to correct me when I was just chiming in.
I was trying to relate since I am NOT paralyzed but am LIKELY to grow old. If you only want responses from people with paralyzed friends with classic cars, I guess I stumbled into the wrong thread.

Thanks, I can read. No need to correct me when I was just chiming in.
I was trying to relate since I am NOT paralyzed but am LIKELY to grow old. If you only want responses from people with paralyzed friends with classic cars, I guess I stumbled into the wrong thread.
No thank u for replying. Im lost on what to do. Im redoing a second true k for him and we hate to see the roadrunner and belvedere just set but he knows that least roadrunner won't get finished and would like to see some one do it up and drive it

you sound like a decent friend,
a good person

welcome to FBBO

good luck with both cars & your buddy

Auto Transport Service
Back