• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What year is this horn from?

idrivemopar

Local time
1:48 PM
Reaction score
Just curious, i was rounding up my roadrunner horns, and found this one on the left in the photo that has a different mount. The one on the right fits 73/74 roadrunner, but not sure what year the one is on the left? Anyone know?

Attachments

• DSC04525 small.jpg
    DSC04525 small.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 279
My guess is 69 or 70, i think 68 was black.

68-71' used the longer bracket to mount to the inner fender, aft of the core support. As mentioned, purple paint indicates a 69-71' aplication for the horn pictured.

Thanks for the info. It still works, so i might sell it since i have 2 horns for my 73 already.

1st gen horns had the 3 3/8" bracket. The '71-74 horn brackets were 1 1/2".

You can get fresh paint and decals for those horns, make them look new.
http://www.totallyautoinc.com/paints.html

I bought a new purple horn years ago from eBay and have yet to install it.... (sigh)

-=Photon440=-

Cheapest Purple Roadrunner Horn Paint

TESTORS GLOSS PURPLE PAINT #1234 IS A PERFECT MATCH...SOME ONE ON THIS SITE POSTED IT AND I BOUGHT ON EBAG FOR $3.99 + $2.79 TO SHIP FOR 3OZ SPRAY CAN.. IT WAS MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR HORN & BRACKET AND I DID MANY COATS ...YOU CAN ONLY FIND ONLINE AS IT HAS BEEN DISCOUNTINUED BY TESTORS..I WILL POST A PHOTO TOMORROW AND I PAID $4.50 FOR HORN DECAL WITH FREE SHIPPING TOO!!!.HORN LOOKS FANTASTIC....ENJOY RICK..

pink%20banana.gif

You can get fresh paint and decals for those horns, make them look new.
http://www.totallyautoinc.com/paints.html

I bought a new purple horn years ago from eBay and have yet to install it.... (sigh)

-=Photon440=-

-=Photon440=-

The horn bracket change took place begining with 72' production, 71' b-bodies used the same horn mounting bracket/locations as the third generation b-bodies.

The horn bracket change took place begining with 72' production, 71' b-bodies used the same horn mounting bracket/locations as the third generation b-bodies.

I stand corrected, thanks. I was taking the info from various sellers, something that I should know better than by now.

Good info on the Testors 1234 purple paint match too. It's always great to save money here and there:) By the way, I went to the Testors site and that paint is still available from them...but it's cheaper on eBay.

-=Photon440

Horns

I stand corrected, thanks. I was taking the info from various sellers, something that I should know better than by now.

Good info on the Testors 1234 purple paint match too. It's always great to save money here and there:) By the way, I went to the Testors site and that paint is still available from them...but it's cheaper on eBay.

-=Photon440

68s were black, as were 73&74s

Auto Transport Service
Back