• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats it called???

prhousejr

Local time
6:04 AM
Reaction score
I am trying to find the interior window trim that holds the headliner in place. I dont know what it is called. It looks like it will be some sort of u shaped trim. Anyone?:edgy:

Are you talking about the rear window plastic trim? As far as I know the only thing besides the headliner you'll need is that trim and the bows. I could be wrong I'm no expert. Give Chris a call from Online Upholstery he knows his stuff and is really cool to deal with 716-870-4406

There are metal trim pieces that run down both sides and (more or less) just cover the edges of the liner along the drip rail.

That what you're talking about????

In the back where the liner makes the fold around the window there are a bunch of what looks like teeth to hold the liner. I need the trim that finishes off the install I am guessing that the pieces I am looking for hold the liner tight to the teeth.:edgy:

These are called sail panels.Some headliner are all one piece and others use sail panels in the area you are talking about. Jim

I know I said fold around the window, but that is not what I meant. It is at the back of the car by the back glass. The liner folds onto the teeth looking deals....dont have a pic.

The liner fold over the teeth and then the sail panel laps over the headliner abit.The sail panels go behind over and behind the teeth they are shaped like a sail or triangled.Then there are metal pieces that go around the sides and top.Then at the bottom of the glass on top of your speakerpackage tray there is a plastic piece that goes along there.
Jim

The liner fold over the teeth and then the sail panel laps over the headliner abit.The sail panels go behind over and behind the teeth they are shaped like a sail or triangled.Then there are metal pieces that go around the sides and top.Then at the bottom of the glass on top of your speakerpackage tray there is a plastic piece that goes along there.
Jim

We are on the right track Jim. I am thinking my liner goes all the way down the pillar to the package tray.. Would I still need the sails, or just the metal pieces???

I guess it would depend on your new headliner.I have seen it both ways in the same year car.Its been a while since I have put a headliner in but I think all the headliners you buy nowadays it all one piece but I may be wrong.You best best is to call Legendary Auto interiors. Jim

Yep. Sail panels. There is also a push clip (like on the door panels) on the back of the sails. I don't think the reproduction panels have there. I bought the proper board and made one replacement. The hard part was getting the "base" for the clip to stay attached to the board (they were originally crushed into the panel from the factory). When you buy the headliner it should include material for covering the sails.

If you aren't brave or skilled, take it somewhere to have it done.

trust me on this

The new headliner may have had the pieces with it. I bought this car with the new headliner in it, and noticed the unfinished edges. I was thinking of using some of that universal windlace stuff to finish it off. It is u shaped and has a steel core. I think some people call it pinch weld.

Auto Transport Service
Back