• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's it worth department?? * 1970 FC7 Charger R/T

super-bee_ski

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:31 AM
Reaction score
Hello Forum members...
I found a 1970 Charger R/T auto console, FC7, White Top, White interior, high back buckets, AC/Tape Deck, Govier documentation, original paint but a re-spray of hood, original survivor...
My question is: "what is a car like this worth?"
Old Car Price Guide shows the car at:
1. #4 condition $14,000
2. #3 condition $40,500

This car is an Original Survivor car....

11W_1.jpg

11W_4.jpg

11W_19.jpg

11W_22.jpg

11W_23.jpg

11W_27.jpg

15929406063189048941933871606441.jpg
15929406240368706522640988680743.jpg

15929406481226116468127722084076.jpg

11W.jpg

Someone will go crazy over it and over pay. IMO the price guide is about right. 1 of 1 is highly questionable in my opinion. Is this something you are trying to buy, or something someone is asking an exorbitant price for?

What price guide are you using? hagerty says 34400$ in #4 Condition and 45400$ in #3 Condition.
With the note that colors can make a huge difference in value and your car has THE greatest color combination there is in my opinion.
https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1970-Dodge-Charger-R!T?id=22717

I got a 1969 R/T in pretty similar condition.
I would say its a #3 Condition and therefore worth the 45400$ hagerty or at least the 40500$ your price guide says.
Of course its just judging from your description and pictures. Be sure to inspect or getting it inspected prior to purchase.

But if this car is in good condition and you can get it for what its actually worth then I would definitely buy it. :)
In fact if i would be looking for a 70 Charger and the conditon and price is fair then i would buy it. looks awesome.

I look for '70 on daily basis. That's almost exactly like I used to have. I would say. Yes between 40-45k Nice '70

All those options and no mirror option. So they added those and painted them. Look over the paint closely and check Around all the trim, panel edges and stripes for overspray. That is a tape stripe that is applied over the paint. So no paint edge at the stripe. Also for previous body work/rust repair.

It’s worth some Good dollars, great colors on a great car.

It could be 1 of 1 with rocker trim 8 track radio and no G33 remote. Mirror.but who cares about that stuff? It’s meaningless. What counts is the car is in nice shape @50 years old.

Last edited:
Someone will go crazy over it and over pay. IMO the price guide is about right. 1 of 1 is highly questionable in my opinion. Is this something you are trying to buy, or something someone is asking an exorbitant price for?

I am thinking of purchasing this car to go along with my 70 Superbee, but, I need another car like I need another hole in the head...Thanks Jerry!

What price guide are you using? hagerty says 34400$ in #4 Condition and 45400$ in #3 Condition.
With the note that colors can make a huge difference in value and your car has THE greatest color combination there is in my opinion.
https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1970-Dodge-Charger-R!T?id=22717

I got a 1969 R/T in pretty similar condition.
I would say its a #3 Condition and therefore worth the 45400$ hagerty or at least the 40500$ your price guide says.
Of course its just judging from your description and pictures. Be sure to inspect or getting it inspected prior to purchase.

But if this car is in good condition and you can get it for what its actually worth then I would definitely buy it. :)
In fact if i would be looking for a 70 Charger and the conditon and price is fair then i would buy it. looks awesome.

Old car price guide is my reference, I am also a Hagerty Member...thanks Michael_

All those options and no mirror option. So they added those and painted them. Look over the paint closely and check Around all the trim, panel edges and stripes for overspray. That is a tape stripe that is applied over the paint. So no paint edge at the stripe. Also for previous body work/rust repair.

It’s worth some Good dollars, great colors on a great car.

It could be 1 of 1 with rocker trim 8 track radio and no G33 remote. Mirror.but who cares about that stuff? It’s meaningless. What counts is the car is in nice shape @50 years old.

Original sheetmetal, never been hit...no rust, well preserved,
Yup, the 1 OF 1 does not mean much to me either...I "get it".
(one of one, could say the same for a 1963 Valliant 4-door wagon...ha ha)
Thank you R413

Thats a sweet looking Charger. Im not very good at values. But it needs to be removed from that GM row.
Hope you end up with it.

What do you need mirrors for if your moving faster than everybody else? :D

Yeah huh?
Kinda strange, no mirrors...
Must have been an Impulse Purchase off the showroom floor back in 1970
You buy it, drive it home and say: "Where are the mirrors"
Ha Ha, too funny

Yeah huh?
Kinda strange, no mirrors...
Must have been an Impulse Purchase off the showroom floor back in 1970
You buy it, drive it home and say: "Where are the mirrors"
Ha Ha, too funny

It came with a non remote door mirror and interior mirror, that is Standard equipment and the law.

I mentioned it had no mirror Option.

Last edited:
I am thinking of purchasing this car to go along with my 70 Superbee, but, I need another car like I need another hole in the head...Thanks Jerry!
You are preaching to the choir, I'm at 30 and counting. I still look for something better everyday, to buy or trade.

1970 Dodge Charger Valuation
Perfect Condition
$71,500 - $220,000
Excellent Condition
$48,400 - $71,500
Good Condition
$34,000 - $48,400
Fair Condition
$6,100 - $34,000
Median Sale Value
$48,400
Lowest Sale Value
$6,100
Highest Sale Value
$220,000
Data based on 170 auction sales. More about the data.

•Average Sale Value : $56,443 (disregarding 5% of high And low sales)

Current Year Average : $97,350 (67.17% vs avg. sale value)

Old car price guide is my reference

Does anybody know what he is refering to?
I cant find that when i look it up on google.

I always use hagerty, nadaguides and looking up auction results myself, though. ^^

You are preaching to the choir, I'm at 30 and counting. I still look for something better everyday, to buy or trade.

Wish i could afford to do that too.
I would love to also have a 1969 fury convertible with a 440 and HD suspension.
And a 1970 coronet coupe 426 with a 4 speed. :)
And a dozen of others. :D

Unfortunately i cant afford that.
But at some point i will at least get me a nice full size convertible like the one mentioned above.
That would look really beautiful with red on red just like in the original sales brochure from 69.

On the other hand i do not want to complain.
I got a nice 69 charger R/T, 71 cutlass supreme and a 1989 mercedes 560 sec.
Three really nice cars im very happy with. So i could be doing much worse car wise. ^^

I’ve recently been helping my father sell several ‘68 thru ‘70 Chargers (some were R/T, some Charger 500, some base model and so on. Ours are/were all complete but, none quite as nice as what you’re showing. $35-$42 sounds about right for current fair market value. I’m in rural Florida. Larger auto markets (like Las Vegas) could creep into higher price points.

One thing we’ve quickly learned is that the survivor cars with a 426 Hemi engine, or rarer factory installed options, carry a substantially higher price for their collectibility.

That is easily a 50k car,all original body panels, 90 percent original paint survivor R/T in a great color combination. If you can buy it for less than that you got a good deal.

Auto Transport Service
Back