• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the deal????

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:39 PM
Reaction score
Why are there so many ebay feeds in the for sale section?? Just had to ask!!

Same here......Starting to feel sorry for the folks trying to sell stuff, being their items are logged pages back within a day or two due to the Ebay feeds. Yeah, go ahead and bump, but a lot of folks are not around to do it on a daily basis. Plus it's advertised "bumping is only a Gold membership right"....Not trying to stir a pot, but seems a bit harsh being their ads may be several pages back within a day or two depending on the category.

Just saying....

I agree. If I wanted to buy off eBay (which I do by the way) I'd search there.

i'm not sure but i think it's an automatic link that comes up.

another little rant here. these ebays feeds really get on my nerves. i dont know how they get here and its hard to overlook them when they are right in your face. as mentioned, if we want to search ebay we will go to ebay . they remind me of the tire dealers on craigslist that run their 30 posts a day for overpriced, used up, junk tires in the "auto parts by owner" section. most of those feeds are for parts that are already overpriced and for things that most of us dont need or will never use. ebay feeds are spam in my opinion. rant over

They do overwhelm the 4-sale sections. Does make it harder to sell on here. List an ad and in a couple day its lost in the abyss. Also alot of them don't correctly list what the part fits.
71-4 B sports mirrors
Fender well covers 68-74 B
71-4 B windshield and rear window trim
71-4 B S-column to F/W gasket

Other than that I do love this site.

eBay adds no more!

I'd like to see them "abolished"
Prohibit the posting of eBay adds on the FORUM.
Super-bee_ski
(mark)
:nono:

I see no need to get rid of them. I have actually used one or two.
Here we could take a hint from other sites and make a seperate listing for them and put C.L. & other companies stuff in there also.
Then those who don't want to use them...Just don't go there.
Those who do Can.
No big brother action, no censor work to be done.
Make them join as members and ban the ones who repeatedly try to slip something by

I could live with what jessipup posted. In fact, I think it's a great idea!!

Here we could take a hint from other sites and make a seperate listing for them and put C.L. & other companies stuff in there also.
Those who do Can.
Make them join as members and ban the ones who repeatedly try to slip something by

I 4th, 5th 6th that motion. Can a moderator tell us where these come from? Is there a way to put them in their own space? I love this site also, just the ebay ads totally screw the other members.

I kind of remember when they were added (long time ago) and no one seemed to think it was a bad idea then. Anyway, it's handy to see stuff come up since I'm on here way more often than on fleabay but I also see how a members post gets buried. Jess has the right idea.

Those who do Can.

That be a good idea

i 100% agree that if the ebay feeds must be here, then a category of their own would be in order. that way people that are selling things dont get bumped off the front page every day. and not to mention, ebag is a nuisance :nono: if you are looking for 600 dollar magnum 500 centercaps off ebay, it only takes 3 seconds to find them in the ebay search bar. i understand that it is a service, but i will exhaust all my efforts before resorting to ebay. FBBO is a great site regardless of ebay :icon_biggrin:

I'm for that super77se

If I want eBay, I go to eBay.
I'm easy, but again, might as well post a link to CNN.
I call it SPAM.
anyway, what do I know...
:happy8:

Let's consider this.
Let each enjoy the parts of this wonderfull place that they like
and ignore the parts of which that they have no use for. A Hammurabi sort of thing, fair and Equitable for all, to sum it up in a word.
Freedom :unitedstates:

Auto Transport Service
Back