• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the most difficult car you have ever done?

jamie

Local time
9:24 PM
Reaction score
Body/paint that is.Mine so far has been this 1969 coronet.Wow,there are SO many body lines,body humps,curves.Then some disappear.Whats yours?

the one that I haven't finished yet

would have to say building my S bird tribute. I had never even seen a real SB up close. Started with a 70 Satellite and finished with a very close to correct S bird. i1498[1].jpgDSCN1759.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I also did the truck next to it. It was hard because it was very customized but nothing like the bird.

Love the color on the bird!

01.jpg20151209_112414.jpg1e.jpg20151209_112401.jpgfinding part in Hawaii is imposable , Having to ship everything in.

Attachments

• 20151209_112444.jpg
    20151209_112444.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 294
haven't finished because too damn many irons in the fire ,my fault like too many things got to have them all

Too funny!
LOL

Mine?
A 67 GTO...that rear quarter panel X2 was so long and large...had to be perfect!

This is what I was wondering.I have done alot of labor intensive cars with a ton of fabrication.I was just wondering about the body work/straightening process.

Nice bird by the way.

My 55 Belair! Body work because of rust on a 60 year old car and getting panels to Alaska costs me out the BUTT! Putting a pumped up LS engine in their didn't help either with computers and wiring updates to handle engine and electronic tranny. I must have some masochistic tendencies.....Taking on this 69 Coronet is almost as difficult but I am finding it a hell of a lot more fun because of the FBBO members and the help they offer. THANK YOU FBBO members!!!

My 55 Belair! Body work because of rust on a 60 year old car and getting panels to Alaska costs me out the BUTT! Putting a pumped up LS engine in their didn't help either with computers and wiring updates to handle engine and electronic tranny. I must have some masochistic tendencies.....Taking on this 69 Coronet is almost as difficult but I am finding it a hell of a lot more fun because of the FBBO members and the help they offer. THANK YOU FBBO members!!!

Wish I had know you Alaska members back in the day. I worked Prudhoe for almost 30 years. I never carried luggage so used to bring parts up for my Alaskan friends for free. They would just meet me at the airport.

- - - Updated - - -

Wish I had know you Alaska members back in the day. I worked Prudhoe for almost 30 years. I never carried luggage so used to bring parts up for my Alaskan friends for free. They would just meet me at the airport.

Yeah rust sucks! I have a 66 fairlane that is a very rusty car. There hard to find so I want to save it. Parts any about none so you make a lot of what you need.

66/67 B body Mostly due to unavailability of parts and concave surfaces with super long straight body lines.

My 63 Aluminum nose Dodge. Took 2 years of spare time.

56 caddy 4dr , that thing was like long boarding the queen mary, did a 68 olds 98 also pretty large but that caddy took the cake for
for labor hrs in the past few years.

haven't finished because too damn many irons in the fire ,my fault like too many things got to have them all
My troubles exactly. Im spread too thin. I cant give up my gun stuff, my Road King, or the Roadrunner. Too many toys , I guess. What a predicament ! LOL.

This 67 Coronet in my garage right now. The Express is going to be a bitch to get straight panels on. This is a long damn car with long flowing lines. It's going to take a lot of thin skim coats and blocking to get it so it don't look like a fun house mirror when you look down the side. It's not damaged per say but you know Ma Mopar did not do a lot of smoothing panels out. Plus, I have made so many mods that need to be sculpted a tiny bit that will be a PITA to get just so. I also want to smooth out a few spots in the engine bay and on the rear bumper where I added 7/8ths to get it just right. And....lol...I still have not redone the indented contours of the rear quarter tail where the bumper wraps around, the 70 RR bumper has a different shape than the 67 Coronet so I need to cut out the area and fabricate a replacement section with the right lines to follow the bumper ends and hug up tight. Sigh...more fabrication...

Auto Transport Service
Back